A Caring Christmas

fish156
fish156 Posts: 496
edited December 2011 in The bottom bracket
A very Merry Christmas to all those caring for a loved one, for whom today is just like every other.

Comments

• nevman
    nevman Posts: 1,611
    well said there. :)
    Whats the solution? Just pedal faster you baby.

Summer B,man Team Carbon LE#222
    Winter Alan Top Cross
    All rounder Spec. Allez.
  • Well said, carers are a group of people too often taken for granted and forgotten by the rest of society; potentially any of us could become one today. :!:
    Tail end Charlie

The above post may contain traces of sarcasm or/and bullsh*t.
  • Gizmodo
    Gizmodo Posts: 1,928
    Well said, carers are a group of people too often taken for granted and forgotten by the rest of society; potentially any of us could become one today. :!:
    I'm not looking forward to that day. My wife has terminal breast cancer but is stable at the moment. For the time being, although she is not as active as she was a year ago and doesn't get out the house very much, at least she can do most things herself! For the moment.

This is our 2nd Christmas since diagnosis, we didn't expect to have this one together really, so I have no idea how many more we will be able to share.

Take each day as it comes, and ride when she's asleep!
  • Smokin Joe
    Smokin Joe Posts: 2,706
    Gizmodo wrote:
    I'm not looking forward to that day. My wife has terminal breast cancer but is stable at the moment. For the time being, although she is not as active as she was a year ago and doesn't get out the house very much, at least she can do most things herself! For the moment.

This is our 2nd Christmas since diagnosis, we didn't expect to have this one together really, so I have no idea how many more we will be able to share.

Take each day as it comes, and ride when she's asleep!
    Sorry to hear that.

Mrs SJ was diagnosed with breast cancer in '94, fortunately in the early stages and she survived. I can still vividly remember the awful day when she went to see the consultant after being previously told that the lump was probably benign, and a grim faced nurse coming into the waiting room and telling me I'd better go in too.

You must both be going through hell.
  • Even though she gats paid to do it (sort of);

My 'bird' was scheduled for 0700 - 2200 Christmas eve and Christmas day. She has 2 kids but people still need care. The people she cares for have no family and no-one to care for them. She is the only family they have. Sad times for them. Nearly all would prefer to be euthanized, bed bound and unable to complete the simplest of tasks. What a messed up country.

On a lighter note at least I could get hammered without her nagging at me.