Christmas Day cycling.

Teece
Teece Posts: 138
edited December 2011 in The bottom bracket
I'll be escaping my mad family for an hour or two tomorrow. Just on the local roads in North Birmingham.
Is anyone else planning a Christmas Day ride?

Comments

• Haven't got to cook the turkey this year so planning a gentle ride out in the lanes of South Staffs/Shropshire border before rocking up at my daughters to enjoy the traditional overindulgence.
    Two wheels good,four wheels bad
  • on the road
    on the road Posts: 5,631
    I'm going to try to get a 2 hour ride in.
  • fish156
    fish156 Posts: 496
    Just a half hour "sanity ride" for me.
  • Bobbinogs
    Bobbinogs Posts: 4,841
    Just online to check the forecast, which looks ok. So, a couple of hours spin for me later this morning...after I have prepared the mountain of sprouts!

Happy Christmas folks.
  • Gizmodo
    Gizmodo Posts: 1,928
    Too much to do and too guests people in the house :cry:

Have a very Merry Christmas.
  • I was just in the process of sneaking outside for a quick sesh on the rollers but I've just been ambushed by an unexpected early riser, 'oh, you're going for a ride?'' Tilt, game over. So I've done the next best thing, visited the forum.
    I may be able to get a fix after lunch.

DEFINITELY OUT TOMORROW.

Merry Christmas everyone.
    Live to ski
    Ski to live
  • BBH
    BBH Posts: 476
    Been told 'NO WAY' today!!!

Fair enough (i guess!) as we are hosting as I have to help prepare the house/food and also go and pick the inlaws up on time.

Enjoy your rides!!!
    2012 Scott Foil 10 (Shimano dura ace) - in progress
    2011 Cervelo S2 (SRAM Red/Force)
    2011 Cannondale Caad 10 (Shimano 105)

"Hills Hurt, Couches Kill!!"
    Twitter: @MadRoadie
  • Had hoped to have a cycle through to sisters for dinner but weather ain't great so wife has insisted I don't. Will pop onto the turbo for a wee bit to try and burn of the inevetable Christmas excess.
    Have a good un' all
  • I was planning a little apérocycle this morning but I'm too knackered. So, plan B is to put the bike in the car with the presents, in the hope that I'll have had just the right amount of liquid merriment to be able to safely but cheerfully cycle the 5 miles home this evening, and then pick up the tin box on Boxing Day after a spin round Bromley and Beckenham.

Hell, Wiggle just sent me an email coercing me into buying stuff on Christmas Day! Their cunning little ploy didn't work though - I only spent £22
  • briantrumpet
    briantrumpet Posts: 17,858
    Well, I've got a good excuse as parents are giving me a Kizik Arione Versus saddle for Christmas, so I ought to give it a test ride .... but I think the furthest I'll get is putting it on the bike today, once all other duties have been done (which, at the moment, include searching for Dad's missing dentures.)
  • Today, I am an exersize free zone. I shall be mostly eating, drinking and trying not to be mis-understood by Mrs Tank.

Merry christmas to one and all, cheers!
    Tail end Charlie

The above post may contain traces of sarcasm or/and bullsh*t.
  • Kamzter
    Kamzter Posts: 191
    I have an 11 month old daughter, she means more to me then cycling today, I have another 364 days to ride with my new Garmin 200 lol
    40 mph in a 30 zone officer? nah, I've only been out for the last 5 minutes !!
  • Gizmodo
    Gizmodo Posts: 1,928
    Hell, Wiggle just sent me an email coercing me into buying stuff on Christmas Day! Their cunning little ploy didn't work though - I only spent £22
    According to the news, your £22 is only part of the £186.4 million that will be spent online today. How much would we have spent if there wasn't a recession on! :shock:
    Online shopping association IMRG expected consumers to spend £186.4m online on Christmas Day.
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/mobile/uk-16326370
  • Mr Dog
    Mr Dog Posts: 643
    May turbo later.. feel full of cold, just can't shake it. Its windy up here in Aberdeen as usual.. only the brave and super fit. Santa must have lost the new bars I wanted.. still have birthday soon! Must have added a few unwanted lbs to my belly. Enjoy the traffic free roads and stay safe. :D:D:D
    Why tidy the house when you can clean your bike?
  • fish156
    fish156 Posts: 496
    Kamzter wrote:
    I have an 11 month old daughter, she means more to me then cycling today, I have another 364 days to ride with my new Garmin 200 lol
    Don't worry Kamzter 2012 is a leap year, so you've still got 365 riding days - Merry Christmas.
  • pottssteve
    pottssteve Posts: 4,069
    Boxing Day for me and my riding buddy. Merry Christmas to all.

Steve
    Head Hands Heart Lungs Legs
  • napoleond
    napoleond Posts: 5,992
    Too busy this morning and then work until late tonight.
    Insta: ATEnduranceCoaching
    ABCC Cycling Coach
  • briantrumpet
    NapoleonD wrote:

Your reward is to feel smugly virtuous. In my time as a herdsman I used to get up at 4am on Christmas Day so that I could get the cows milked fed and their bedding done, and the feeder wagon refilled by 9am. And I could then scoff at all those people who sat around recovering from hangovers and doing sod all all day. Lazy buggers.

Three cheers for everyone who either has to or chooses to work today - we couldn't enjoy the day without you keeping the wheels turning.
  • on the road
    on the road Posts: 5,631
    This is what I seen on the way back, I just hope whoever lived there are alright.
    IMAG0080.jpg
  • briantrumpet
    This is what I seen on the way back, I just hope whoever lived there are alright.
    The roast potatoes might have been a bit overdone.
  • briantrumpet
    IMAG0080.jpg
    No injuries, but looks like more than enthusiastic cookery.....

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/cr ... 81389.html

Tarbock Road in Huyton: http://g.co/maps/3ytq3
  • markos1963
    markos1963 Posts: 3,724
    Worked night shift last night so no riding for me today but my ride buddy was doing a TT, lucky bugger.
  • phreak
    phreak Posts: 2,905
    I got out for a few hours in the morning. Was great as the weather was unseasonably mild and the roads incredibly quiet. Super stuff.
  • NapoleonD wrote:

Yeah, if it weren't for the likes of you my Bro could have had christmas day off.

He's a prison officer. :lol:
    Tail end Charlie

The above post may contain traces of sarcasm or/and bullsh*t.
  • napoleond
    napoleond Posts: 5,992
    NapoleonD wrote:

Yeah, if it weren't for the likes of you my Bro could have had christmas day off.

He's a prison officer. :lol:

Yeah, I need to stop stealing. I shoplifted over 3 grand of bike kit yesterday, I filled up my basket at Wiggle then left the site without paying.
    Insta: ATEnduranceCoaching
    ABCC Cycling Coach
  • andi1363
    andi1363 Posts: 350
    phreak wrote:
    I got out for a few hours in the morning. Was great as the weather was unseasonably mild and the roads incredibly quiet. Super stuff.

+1 8)
  • got out for an hour yesterday and then 9 holes of golf on my own private golf course

I love Christmas, it's such a family time
  • McBain_v1
    McBain_v1 Posts: 5,237
    An hour on the turbo trainer before rest of family got up and demanded my undivided attention. Just taking a break from building the Lego Star Wars Millenium Falcon - which comes with some brilliant little characters. Foxy sister-in-law is also here to help ;)

What do I ride? Now that's an Enigma!
  • cyberknight
    cyberknight Posts: 1,238
    4 year old, wife about to pop another one any day ..... no chance of a ride xmas day, hoping to go out for a club run tuesday.
    FCN 3/5/9