Nant y arian

DodgeT
DodgeT Posts: 2,255
edited January 2012 in Routes
Did the summit trail a month or so ago, really enjoyed it, apart from the "legburner", which should have been called "chuck your effin bike in the river and lay down and die" ( :D )

Anyways, trying to decide on somewhere for a ride towards the end of next week and one of the guys wants to go here again (he didn't come with us the first time) and i'm wondering if its worth the drive.. First time we were there, only did the summit as we'd been biking round the forests watching the rally, so while we were there made sense to do a quick run.

But dilemma is, arian and cyb are about the same distance for us, both 2.5 - 3hrs drive. I know there's trails worthy of a day visit to cyb, but not sure about the syfydrin route at arian. A lot of it uses summit etc, but then seems to go out on a lot of doubletrack.

So, question for anyone who's done it, is the extra loop on the doubletrack just like fire roads, or is it any good? To me double track = boring stuff just to crunch the miles, but of course with not doing it I could be wrong..

Or would we be better off going cyb?

Comments

• delcol
    delcol Posts: 2,848
    never been to n,y,a but have c,y,b coedy is amazing and well worth a visit.. epic singletrack...
  • welshkev
    welshkev Posts: 9,690
    coed y brenin most definately.

even though nant yr arian is very good, the trails use a lot of teh same bits so they're not that different.

hope this isn't too late for you :D
  • Did Nant y arian a couple of months ago. some very good stuff but overall quite disapointed. Would definately do CYB. Have you done the new stuff atng as another option. Llandegla? Well worth doi
  • DodgeT
    DodgeT Posts: 2,255
    Ended up doing degla today. Won't be rushing back.. Although with the new trails, the trails are good, what is not good (and has been discussed before - just i'd never really experienced till today) is the general attitude of riders there...
  • cashy16
    cashy16 Posts: 83
    Did nant arian and degla this week, nant ok as a local track to locals but defo wouldnt trvael 120 miles to do it...

Degla, awesome yet again but your right some people can be rather annoying...................

All the gear and no idea springs to mind...
  • welshkev
    welshkev Posts: 9,690
    DodgeT wrote:
    Ended up doing degla today. Won't be rushing back.. Although with the new trails, the trails are good, what is not good (and has been discussed before - just i'd never really experienced till today) is the general attitude of riders there...

yeah i used to work up near llandegla quite a lot, i do like it, not a bad trail but a bit too 'man made' for my liking (yes i know it's a trail centre so it's man made :lol: ) buti only used to ride there mid-week so i haven't experienced the attitude some people have mentioned before.

afan and coed y brenin are deffo my 2 fav trail centres but i haven't been to brechfa yet, which is supposed to be superb