Future of Cervelo.....!

Comments

• EKIMIKE
    EKIMIKE Posts: 2,232
    So they've basically secured some investment capital. Wonder if that's because they're in financial difficulties or they simply need more money for bigger, better projects?

I guess the same goes for the option to purchase. Are they on the rocks or do Vroomen and White just not fancy being in charge if the company gets bigger?
  • bristolpete
    bristolpete Posts: 2,255
    The news sounds very good for Cervelo in so much the team behind the bikes are engineers, not money men or business bods so in turn the new team can perhaps allow the brand to grow, which from what I read and am told is what they want. The buyer owns and distribute the Focus brand in Europe and based on how Cervelo have mimicked other brands with 'tier' models and prices it sounds and seems that to a point , the supply cannot meet the demand.

Given that they are wrongly classed as the dentists bike, they want more bums on saddles and this move makes sense. I think. :mrgreen:

Cheers ta as they say.
  • Monty Dog
    Monty Dog Posts: 20,614
    The new owners also own the Raleigh brand - so expect to see some low-rent frames with Cervelo slapped on them?
    If I'm not mistaken, they've bought the brand - Vroomen-White is a separate entity.

Supply has never been a problem - they sub-contract 99% of production to the Chinese.
    Make mine an Italian, with Campagnolo on the side..