Tyre Pressures for Trainers

portland_bill
portland_bill Posts: 287
edited December 2011 in Road beginners
Evening all!

Just picked my Minoura V130 trainer up last night and getting set up tonight so I can use it tomorrow morning. The inner tube on my rear wheel needs changing and I'm just wondering what tyre pressure works best for turbo trainers.

Can anyone recommend?

Ta!

Comments

• sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,612
    i use the same as for riding, c. 110psi

if you are going to use the turbo a lot, bear in mid that they can wear out normal tyres a bit faster than usual
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • Aye that's fine, I'm just using a crappy cheap tyre for now until I get a proper trainer tyre. Cheers for that though!
  • McBain_v1
    McBain_v1 Posts: 5,237
    Be aware that fitting a dedicated turbo training tyre can be a real arse - all that extra rubber makes things really inflexible (said the actress to the bishop)

What do I ride? Now that's an Enigma!
  • brettjmcc
    brettjmcc Posts: 1,361
    Tacx recommends this for issues with slipping etc

- Make sure the roller sits against the tyre without pressure. Then entirely turn the black knob 3 times.
    - Make sure the tyre is always inflated at 6 to 7 bar (do detach the tyre from the roller when you stop riding).
    BMC GF01
    Quintana Roo Cd01
    Project High End Hack
    Cannondale Synapse SL (gone)
    I like Carbon
  • hi all, sorry for the hijack, i have just bought a TT are there any recommended sessions anywhere for a newbie to TT riding thanks in advance and as said apollogies for the hijack.
  • MattC59
    MattC59 Posts: 5,408
    gazman1 wrote:
    hi all, sorry for the hijack, i have just bought a TT are there any recommended sessions anywhere for a newbie to TT riding thanks in advance and as said apollogies for the hijack.

Have a look on here: http://www.turbotraining.co.uk/

it gives you structured workouts for different focuses, and you can search according to whether you use a heart rate monitor, cadence meter, power meter or none at all.
    Science adjusts it’s beliefs based on what’s observed.
    Faith is the denial of observation so that Belief can be preserved
  • MattC59 thanks for the reply will have a look at that mate. :-)