2010 XT Equivalent?

Gibbo GTI
Gibbo GTI Posts: 98
edited December 2011 in MTB general
Looking at buying a 2010 model bike that has XT components fitted. What is the equivalent modern day componets to the XT of 2010?
GT Force Carbon Expert
Carrera Fury

Comments

• benpinnick
    benpinnick Posts: 4,148
    XT. Its been the benchmark components for 30 years now.
    A Flock of Birds
    + some other bikes.
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    Er it's still 2011 - 2010 is not exactly medieval.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • UMMM, is this a real question? I call spam?
  • Pudseyp
    Pudseyp Posts: 3,514
    If I think what your trying to get across Sram X9 is equivilent to XT....if not I haven't got chuffing idea what your on about...
    Tomac Synper 140 Giant XTC Alliance 1
    If the world was flat, I wouldn't be riding !
  • chez_m356
    chez_m356 Posts: 1,893
    Pudseyp wrote:
    If I think what your trying to get across Sram X9 is equivilent to XT....if not I haven't got chuffing idea what your on about...
    think he,s asking is the 2010 xt stuff outdated now, i e would the latest slx be the equivalent of the 2010 xt
    Specialized Hardrock Sport Disc 10- CANYON Nerve AM 6 2011
  • Pudseyp
    Pudseyp Posts: 3,514
    chez_m356 wrote:
    Pudseyp wrote:
    think he,s asking is the 2010 xt stuff outdated now, i e would the latest slx be the equivalent of the 2010 xt

In that case yes....the new 2012 XT shares some similarity to the new XTR...they tend to make tweeks each year...some small so large.
    Tomac Synper 140 Giant XTC Alliance 1
    If the world was flat, I wouldn't be riding !
  • 2010 is dynasys. Same 770 cranks with 10spd rings, shifter, cassette and chain, mech. I think the major overhaul came with m780 stuff, new cranks and the icetek brakes and shiny bits.
  • chez_m356 wrote:
    Pudseyp wrote:

Yeah, that's what I meant. Sorry, it made sense in my head when I wrote it but I suppose Guinness got in the way lol.
    GT Force Carbon Expert
    Carrera Fury
  • ilovedirt
    ilovedirt Posts: 5,798
    Yeah, technology seems to trickle down through the ranges. I think the main thing to come to XT this year is the 'icetech' for the brakes, which i think SLX has anyway. Aside from that, XT is just lighter and prettier, and maybe slightly more powerful/better shifting etc. But XT=XT, generally. This year's SLX might have some features that last years XT had, but it will still be heavier/not as a nicely made.
    Production Privee Shan

B'Twin Triban 5
  • Thanks for the replies :)

Hopefully the bike will still be available end of Jan when I can afford it.
    GT Force Carbon Expert
    Carrera Fury