hillingdon on a provisional license?

Benjamin Hall
Benjamin Hall Posts: 608
edited January 2012 in Amateur race
I just want someone to confirm that I can rave hillingdon 4 th cats tomorrow without a full license. I've got silver bc membership.

cheers

Comments

• napoleond
    napoleond Posts: 5,992
    It depends how you are getting there, if you are driving you'll need someone else with you who has been a full licence holder for at least 3 years. And L plates.
    Otherwise get a lift or get the bus.
    Insta: ATEnduranceCoaching
    ABCC Cycling Coach
  • napoleond
    napoleond Posts: 5,992
    Oh, and if you are raving there, be sure to drink plenty water.
    Insta: ATEnduranceCoaching
    ABCC Cycling Coach
  • ju5t1n
    ju5t1n Posts: 2,028
    You'll need to buy a day licence Ben, your silver BC membership isn't enough on it's own but may get you a discount
  • jibberjim
    jibberjim Posts: 2,810
    Silver BC membership includes a provisional BC licence, and there is no fee for racing a closed circuit regional C+ race as a silver member, so you will not pay anything to race.
    Jibbering Sports Stuff: http://jibbering.com/sports/
  • All was well on the license side of things, and aside from the fact that im stilling picking pieces of flying gravel from my teeth I had a great time. It was my first race so I was very nervous! I just tried to stay near a clubmate and not kill anyone.

My clubmate ( Bristol RC) and I had a go off the front once or twice but it was way to windy for any of that so I ended up sitting in the bunch, trying not to drift towards the back. Holding myself in the front of the pack was a lot harder than i anticipated, whenever I thought I was on a decent wheel, half the field would come up the outside and all of a sudden you are at the back again.

Dont know where i finished, possibly scraped the top 10, clubmate got 5th. All in all a sucess.
  • jibberjim
    Let me clarify the "pay anything to race" - since you will of course still have to pay the race fee, you just don't pay extra for the race licence - as you obviously found out.

Glad the race was good - no crashes this week?
  • proto
    proto Posts: 1,483
    No crashes in the 4ths this week, Jim. The usual dodgy riding though

London Dynamo rider fell off in the women's race. I think she was uninjured.

No incidents in thd 3rds.
  • bigmat
    bigmat Posts: 5,134
    jibberjim wrote:
    Let me clarify the "pay anything to race" - since you will of course still have to pay the race fee, you just don't pay extra for the race licence - as you obviously found out.

Glad the race was good - no crashes this week?

So what exactly do I need my race licence for? I can't see me doing anything beyond Hillingdon / Hog Hill / Palace / Kent closed circuit races for the foreseeable future, could I do all of those without a race licence (with just BC silver membership?) If so I've been wasting my money the last couple of years!
  • jibberjim
    Yes, but you'd never get any points (which some people think are important...)
  • bigmat
    bigmat Posts: 5,134
    jibberjim wrote:
    Yes, but you'd never get any points (which some people think are important...)

They aren't important until I get any! One day my ego might thank me for buying that licence...