Who will be riding Christmas day?

MrGeebs
MrGeebs Posts: 62
edited December 2011 in MTB general
Oh cool, new cycling gloves, thanks Santa. I'd better go try them out . . . . right now!!

Kid the wife it'll just be a quick hour but ends up being nearer 3, as long you're back before the in-laws turn up, I always go for a ride on sunday morning anyway, why should the birth of our lord make the day any different?
Will I be the only one out riding this sunday?
um .. . . . .

Comments

• styxd
    styxd Posts: 3,234
    I'll be out on the road bike for a bit, the weathers looking a bit more promising than it did a couple of days ago anyway.
  • miss notax
    miss notax Posts: 2,572
    Sadly not - I shall be mostly cooking.... :?
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the number of moments that take your breath away....

Riding a gorgeous ano orange Turner Burner!

Sponsor the CC2CC at http://www.justgiving.com/cc2cc
  • clamps81
    clamps81 Posts: 315
    Damm right. It's the only chance I get. Can't be doing with finishing work when it's dark and then getting in the van and going riding, so I'm only able to go out on weekends anyway. Add to that the fact I've been out of the country for three week and I'm gasping to get on the bike again, so I'll be using every opportunity I get over the holidays.
    Nukeproof Mega AM

Tomac Snyper - Now sadly in pieces
  • My lady 'suggested' I went out on Boxing Day but I fear she needs time to smuggle sale 'bargains' into the house when I am not around.
    This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit.
  • I'm having a couple of hours over cannock chase while the turkeys cooking. I've got the tinsel on the bars and santa hat for the top of the helmet! :)
    Riding a Merida FLX Carbon Team D Ultralite Nano from Mike at Ace Ultra Cycles, Wednesfield, Wolverhampton 01902 725444
  • Northwind
    Northwind Posts: 14,675
    Not on christmas but I reckon I'll drag the downhill bike out tomorrow and then try and burn off a few mince pies on boxing day up in the local hills... Christmas day is exclusively for presents, eating til we're sick, and then the main attraction, hillbilly family feuding.
    Uncompromising extremist
  • Beardface
    Beardface Posts: 5,495
    I'll be out, testing my xmas present to myself - 2010 Marin Attack Trail :)

Shall be getting up nice and early, whacking some meat in the oven and going out for 1-2 hours for a little spin.. it's rude not to!
  • angry_bird
    angry_bird Posts: 3,786
    My cnut of an uncle will be round, consequently I'll be out on the bike until lunch.
  • Year's ago, when I lived in my dads house and he cooked, I always went out on the road bike for about an hour and a half, round the Torside Circuit nr Glossop, you used to see kids on new bikes then - not much now :(
  • Mojo_666
    Mojo_666 Posts: 860
    Went out today, wont be out again until the 28th then again on the 30th, all the other days are piss up party days which I enjoy just as much as riding in the rain. :lol:
  • Briggo
    Briggo Posts: 3,537
    I think I'll be biking to the missus parents, 20mile off road ride. Should burn some calories for the feast that is, christmas dinner at theirs.
  • Yep every year after lunch bike out and hit the trails for a few hours, been the same for the last 11yrs, I cook the lunch we all sit down together kids now all grown up so happy days and to be honest my missus is a gem a never moans probably glad to see the back of me. lol
    Zesty 514 Scott Scale 20 GT Expert HalfwayupMTB
  • andy46
    andy46 Posts: 1,666
    I'll be out early on before I head over to my parents. I'll do my short local loop, only takes about an hour and a half then depending on the weather I may commute to work on Wednesday.
    2019 Ribble CGR SL

2015 Specialized Roubaix Sport sl4

2014 Specialized Allez Sport
  • I might go for a little ride to test my new wheels and tyres (thanks sonic) and see if the replacement tyres i got actually arent "doggy":)
    London2Brighton Challange 100k!
    http://www.justgiving.com/broxbourne-runners
  • ilovedirt
    ilovedirt Posts: 5,798
    I've left my bike in my house in wales over christmas while I'm visiting the 'rents, so unfortunately won't get a chance until around the 9th of january or so :(
    Production Privee Shan

B'Twin Triban 5
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 60,660
    If I play my cards right I might get a sneaky local ride while the food's cooking.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Unfortunately, i will be too hungover to go out riding on Xmas day. Whisky goes down too well at this time of year. Should manage a run on Boxing day though. Weather is looking good for it.
  • andi1363
    andi1363 Posts: 350
    1 hour or so on the road bike after pressie opening while the missus cooks lol!
  • Ouija
    Ouija Posts: 1,386
    Weather permitting i'll be out all day..... One of the perks of not celebrating Christmas. Lots of open roads with barely a soul in sight.
  • The only ride I will be having is to work at 6am :-(
    Riding: Ghost SE 6000 (2011) DMR V8 pedals all other things standard