Chain Reaction

Kamzter
Kamzter Posts: 191
edited December 2011 in The bottom bracket
What are chain reaction like?
I normally buy from Wiggle and have built up my discount nicelly with great fast delivery and top customer service, plus the daughters happy with the free sweets they keep sending me !!

I decided to purchase a Garmin 200 from Chain Reaction because they offered their £15 off with anything over £100 which took the Garmin down to £99.99, brilliant, cheapest in the net.
5 days later, still no delivery or confirmation so I decided to email them to find out what is going on.
3 days later a response comes through (this morning) saying that basically the order had been mislaid and they would let me now when it is being dispatched.
Bummer, the mrs had bought it for me as a xmassy present of which would of been nice to go out with it and my other stuff I have asked for that hopefully she has, not to worry.
What are chain reaction like as with no hassle from Wiggle and the first order placed with Chain Reaction goes tits up, its put me off from ordering them again, doe's first impressions count? lol
40 mph in a 30 zone officer? nah, I've only been out for the last 5 minutes !!

Comments

• Gizmodo
    Gizmodo Posts: 1,928
    Normally no problem, I've ordered from there before and never had a problem. I'd put it down to the Christmas rush.
  • this is not the normal service from CRC - I have had good service and communications with them in the past - there was a card scam @ CRC earlier in the year but I would have thought that was a rogue employee not company issue.
  • Yossie
    Yossie Posts: 2,600
    I've used CRC constantly for the past 8 years or so - never had any problems with them at all - generally next dayish service free of charge, excellent communication, etc etc.

Well recommended.

HTH

Y
  • I was in the same boat - ordered stuff last week - not heard a dickie bird - order status remained at 'being processed' - their last orders for xmas passed yesterday - so I'm guessing they just shipped a shoot load of goodies out after that deadline passed - and sure enough goods arrived this morn. Always had great service from them. have faith young padawan (thats greek for gayer)
    The dissenter is every human being at those moments of his life when he resigns
    momentarily from the herd and thinks for himself.
  • bompington
    bompington Posts: 7,674
    You cold always read this current thread
  • t.m.h.n.e.t
    t.m.h.n.e.t Posts: 2,265
    Ive never had any order problems,you have to understand that this is an incredibly busy time of year for any warehouse,nevermind one of the worlds largest cycle part suppliers.

But I live 20mins away from their Doagh warehouse so I usually just go and get whatever I need over-counter. Tis not the norm for them.
  • Kamzter
    bompington wrote:
    You cold always read this current thread

I could read it but it aint gonna sort my issue out with them, although it doe's back up the fact that 1. its xmas and 2. i will stick with Wiggle as ordered stuff from them too and theirs turned up without fail lol.
  • alanp23
    alanp23 Posts: 696
    Never had any problems, always arrives really quickly, plus as a bonus they are on Quidco so I get to save a little bit extra there as well.

Only issue is that the parcel is branded so it is obvious what I have been up too.
    Top Ten finisher - PTP Tour of Britain 2016
  • MattC59
    MattC59 Posts: 5,408
    The service from CRC is usually fantastic.
    Order by 3pm and the goods are usually with you the following day. I've been using them for years and have never had a problem, so I suspect that you've fallen victim to the Christmas period.
    Science adjusts it’s beliefs based on what’s observed.
    Faith is the denial of observation so that Belief can be preserved
  • BBH
    BBH Posts: 476
    Agree, usually good service - did have a delay in delivery for an order this week but put it down to christmas rush as most parcels are delivered next day!! (I only use paypal with them for fear of the card scam (as above)).
    2012 Scott Foil 10 (Shimano dura ace) - in progress
    2011 Cervelo S2 (SRAM Red/Force)
    2011 Cannondale Caad 10 (Shimano 105)

"Hills Hurt, Couches Kill!!"
    Twitter: @MadRoadie
  • The only time I have not had a parcel delivered same day was ordering a new helmet yesterday after writing my old one off the night before.
    And it was despached before 10am this morning.
    My guess is they are just being slow due to christmas order volumes.
    I would always give them a look, if only for the free postage.
  • Kamzter
    Well CRC have finally gone and done it, its with me today, they came back with avengence lol, thank you and sorry for knocking your service.
  • ive got nothing but excellent things to say for them. sometimes have to watch the pricing with them but on the whole very good service esp for me in mallorca as they have sorted many issues for me with great help
  • zanelad
    zanelad Posts: 269
    Good experiences here too. Competitive prices and prompt delivery.

A good company to deal with.
  • dsmiff
    dsmiff Posts: 741
    All of my stuff finally arrived apart from my lads new BMX helmet that was ordered on the 14th (that was my last order) - Never had a problem before but during the last month the orders have been taking about 5 days to be dispatched and the one on the 14th is still showing as processing!

I'm sure they'll sort themselves out in the new year (still my no1 choice for mail order!) - think the £50 voucher has caused some issues - I had a nightmare trying to use mine!!!

oh and I blame wiggle ;)
    http://www.youtube.com/dnsmiff
  • I've used both for years, I've found Wiggle to be a little quicker so I use them if it's really urgent, otherwise I'll go with whoever's cheapest. I've had returns with both of them and they've both been very prompt and fair.