Iraqi "stability"

Frank the tank
Frank the tank Posts: 6,553
edited December 2011 in The bottom bracket
Americans pull out, days later bombings galore.

What they need to bring stability is a ruthless dictator who rules with an iron fist and scant regard for human rights.

Oh! hold on a minute.
Tail end Charlie

The above post may contain traces of sarcasm or/and bullsh*t.

Comments

• I seem to remember Tariq Aziz on a radio interview saying, It is not the Ba'ath regime you have to fear it is what replaces us.

Not sure Rupert Murdoch wants to rule Iraq?
    Neil
    Help I'm Being Oppressed
  • It's rather too true. Finding one of these countries, that were created by some committee drawing a few lines on a map, showing signs of stability, is difficult.
    Remember that you are an Englishman and thus have won first prize in the lottery of life.
  • McBain_v1
    McBain_v1 Posts: 5,237
    So Uncle Sam should send the troops back in to keep the peace?

Radio 4 was doing a bit on this earlier this morning (I was listening whilst stuck in traffic on the M60 - a common occurrence I'm sad to say) with a retired American general (keep the troops there to protect USA's strategic interests (i.e. access to oil)), a former Diplomat (just amazed at how many political parties there are, none of whom can get along) and a civilian (just get something done because life is feckin' terrible). The debate was quite spirited. The one thing that seemed to unit all the pundits was worrying about Iran steaming in to fill the power void.

What do I ride? Now that's an Enigma!
  • bianchimoon
    bianchimoon Posts: 3,942
    Didn't bush and Blair say we were invading Iraq to make the world a safer place? The next major sporting event in the country will have thousands of troops on the streets to keep us safe from terrorists, how does that work?
    All lies and jest..still a man hears what he wants to hear and disregards the rest....
  • Didn't bush and Blair say we were invading Iraq to make the world a safer place? The next major sporting event in the country will have thousands of troops on the streets to keep us safe from terrorists, how does that work?

With regard to the Iraq war, you're not telling me you believed B&B, crikey you'll be telling me next Santa is visiting tonight. :D
    Tail end Charlie

• bianchimoon
    bianchimoon Posts: 3,942
    Didn't bush and Blair say we were invading Iraq to make the world a safer place? The next major sporting event in the country will have thousands of troops on the streets to keep us safe from terrorists, how does that work?

With regard to the Iraq war, you're not telling me you believed B&B, crikey you'll be telling me next Santa is visiting tonight. :D

I feel sick at the thought that you could think that! :) i thought my reply had a touch of irony/sarcasm about it. What dyu mean about santo tho, if he's listening he won't be paying you a visit now! :wink:
    All lies and jest..still a man hears what he wants to hear and disregards the rest....
  • I did pick up on the irony in your post.

No pressies for me tho. :( Serves me right I s'pose. :?
    Tail end Charlie