collecting wood for a stove

2»

Comments

• The answer as given earlier is use a multifuel stove. We have a small one and burn mostly anthracite which gives off an amazing heat.It also has the adventage that when you stoke the fire it is already paid for! Wood is a lot of work and needs a lot of storage space to store the wood to dry for at least one year before burning. Cutting it is a chore. The only people I know who make a sucess of it work for forestry enterprises and have a source of good free wood and know where suitable fallen trees are before anyone else gets to them.Everything has an owner who pops up as soon as you cast eyes on it. Deer for example are wild animals and have no owner when eating the contents of my garden. If I shoot the brute however an owner pops up instantly threatening all sorts of legal action.
  • RonB
    RonB Posts: 3,984
    MattC59 wrote:
    Pross wrote:
    I didn't think English Heritage had anything to do with consents for tree felling? The local planning authority will deal with felling trees with a TPO or within a conservation area and the Forestry Commission deal with felling licences for all other trees over a certain size.

Yep, unfortunately the interfering old biddies get everywhere !!!

I wish we had the staff :roll: It's usually nimby neighbours that grass each other up :wink: