New Bars

glasgowbhoy
glasgowbhoy Posts: 1,341
edited December 2011 in Road buying advice
Have been using cheap 2nd hand compact bars on my training bike for the last few months and really like them. I have deda ergo bars on my race bike and was looking at changing to a compact bar for the spring when the good bike comes out of hibernation. Not sure I want carbon bars as I will be racing on the bike and alu seems more durable. Don't want to spend more than £100 anyway so carbon probably out of my price range anyway.
Any suggestions on bars I should be looking at?

Comments

• APIII
    APIII Posts: 2,010
    3T Ergonova/Ergosum are popular. Pro Vibe shallow drop is a nice shape and very stiff bar. PBK has some good deals on at the moment, including the 3T bars (extra 25% off sale items until tomorrow with code BIG25) which means the carbon Zipp Contour bar would be just in budget, although I'd stick with alu myself.

http://www.probikekit.com/uk/contact-points/clearance-contact-points.html?filtergroup_id=0&id=273&productsPerPage=45&selected=category
  • thegreatdivide
    thegreatdivide Posts: 5,807
    edited December 2011
    On my best bike I've got Ritchey WCS Evo Curve bars. Nice shallow (but not as shallow as FSA's) compact drops and a slight sweep back on the top which I really like. You can pick them up for about £70.

http://ritcheylogic.com/dyn_prodfamily.php?k=358517
  • jonni3
    jonni3 Posts: 57
    Have been using cheap 2nd hand compact bars on my training bike for the last few months and really like them

Why not get new of these ^ bars if your used to them & really like them ?
  • glasgowbhoy
    jonni3 wrote:
    Have been using cheap 2nd hand compact bars on my training bike for the last few months and really like them

Why not get new of these ^ bars if your used to them & really like them ?

Had thought about that. They are just cheap RHM Deda bars.

Cheers for the input so far from others
  • Will second the Evo Curve. Awesome bars. I've tried stacks of Deda, Syntace, 3T etc. and there are some other good options though nothing quite like the Evo Curve. Carbon option just released.
  • I have 3T ergonova on my best bike and WCS evo curves on my second bike - both are great comfortable bars. I like the flat tops & shallow drops.
  • briantrumpet
    briantrumpet Posts: 18,907
    I personally love FSA Compact bars - how much I like them was reinforced when I replaced the standard Cannondale bars on my CAAD9 with the FSA, and suddenly the bike handles so much better. There's an interesting review here.
  • styxd
    styxd Posts: 3,234
    I've just got some Deda Zero 100 bars, really like the shape. Pretty light too, not sure how much they cost new as I bought mine 2nd hand.
  • glasgowbhoy
    styxd wrote:
    I've just got some Deda Zero 100 bars, really like the shape. Pretty light too, not sure how much they cost new as I bought mine 2nd hand.

This!
    Good enough for team sky.....
    Got a set of Deda Zero 100 bars on ribble last night with the christmas discounts for £48. Will sell the Deda Elementi bars on the bike on here after Christmas which makes it not to expensive a change all in.

Cheers folks