Update: finished Rock Lobster 853

Penylope
Penylope Posts: 320
edited January 2012 in Your mountain bikes
Time for a new build :D

Only put the order in from Merlin on Sunday night, arrived this afty :shock: superb service!

19" tig 853 frame, bargain price of £200. The quality looks very reasonable for the price (a damn site better than the inbred i had, much (much!) lighter and cheaper than the current model, whats not to like?!) The only reservation i have is the paint finish is not amazing. very thin in places and in others there are some clearcoat runs, but thats just me being picky, at this price for 853 i'm suprised there was room in the budget for a coat of paint!

The plan is to pinch the wheels and some of the drivetrain from the Heckler to get this rideable, then some shiney new 2x10 XT for the bouncer.

2011-12-20201716-1.jpg

2011-12-20201858.jpg
MTB's, SC Blur LTc & Cotic Soul (26" definitely aint dead!).
Other, Genesis Croix De Fer

Comments

• Pudseyp
    Pudseyp Posts: 3,514
    I really do like these oldschool frames......can't wait to see it built up.
    Tomac Synper 140 Giant XTC Alliance 1
    If the world was flat, I wouldn't be riding !
  • stuisnew
    stuisnew Posts: 366
    Great frame for the money. Looking forward to seeing it built
  • Penylope
    Penylope Posts: 320
    Ta Da! finished it! finaly got all the bits together and built up, after a bit of a faf with on one/planet x. Decided aginst pinching anything off the Heckler in the end so 90% of the build is brand spankers.. :roll:

2012-01-13163906.jpg

Still, worth it, she rides v nice. got it dirty today on the maiden voyage, just a bit of fettlin to do to get her right. could also do with some smaller tires, maybe 2.1's. there is not much mud room with the weirwolfs!
    MTB's, SC Blur LTc & Cotic Soul (26" definitely aint dead!).
    Other, Genesis Croix De Fer