Help me with my A-Level please

thegiantbiker
thegiantbiker Posts: 212
edited December 2011 in The bottom bracket
For my A-Level Extended project, I have to do a research task and do an essay-style report. The larger my sample, the better my data, so I would be hugely grateful if you could take 5 minutes (if that) out of your day to help me.

The survey is about whether the music we listened to when we were young has an effect on what we like now.

The survey is on surveymonkey here

Thanks in advance,

TGB

P.S. Sorry about the double post on the forum, but I wanted both roadies and mtb'ers input.
Big guy; small air!

Comments

• Survey failed on question 4 if one doesn't like the four choices and puts something In other. That's it not wasting anymore time
    Kona Cindercone 1995
    Trek 6500 2006
    Planet X SL carbon 2010
    Planet X Team Alu with SRAM apex
  • ratsbeyfus
    ratsbeyfus Posts: 2,841
    It worked fine for me, and only took a minute. Good luck with your project.

I had one of them red bikes but I don't any more. Sad face.

@ratsbey
  • Yossie
    Yossie Posts: 2,600
    For my A-Level Extended project, I have to do a research task and do an essay-style report. The larger my sample, the better my data, so I would be hugely grateful if you could take 5 minutes (if that) out of your day to help me.

The survey is about whether the music we listened to when we were young has an effect on what we like now.

The survey is on surveymonkey here

Thanks in advance,

TGB

P.S. Sorry about the double post on the forum, but I wanted both roadies and mtb'ers input.

<snigger>. Large sample. <snigger>

Survey done
  • Can I just say, I'm all for helping people out and adding my opinions on a well thought out survey but to be frank, your survey is so light weight it IMHO is verging on meaningless and I really can't see how you will get anything of value from it. What research did you do to lead you to the questions you included as I can see no pattern ? Also, putting the final remark on question 4 leads me to think that you really didn't put any effort into this.

Survey NOT done as a larger sample of meaningless data is just a lot more meaningless data.
    A person who aims at nothing is sure to hit it

Canyon Aeroad 7.0 summer missile
    Trek 2.1 winter hack
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 43,174
    Done but I also don't see what benefit it will be. In my case it just seems to say I used to like rock and I still do.
  • desweller
    desweller Posts: 5,175
    Question 8 is stoopid. What if you buy a copy of an old record that you don't already own?
    - - - - - - - - - -
    On Strava.{/url}
  • Done. Q.8. a bit daft - if I buy something new then I already own it. God luck though...
    Visit Ireland - all of it! Cycle in Dublin and know fear!!
    exercise.png
  • Done, but Q4 and Q8 are dumb as anything, and in general, this survey will not really help you answer your research question.
  • stratcat
    stratcat Posts: 160
    Done, but I'm not too sure what you are going to get out of the answers!
  • jim453
    jim453 Posts: 1,360
    To the OP, some points you may want to consider before asking for further help on this forum,

1. You are worthless, everything you have ever done is worthless and most likely everything you ever attempt will be the same. Including your A-Levels. Your questionnaire is beneath contempt.

2. Everyone on this forum is better than you at everything. No exceptions.

3. These rules are true for everybody, with the exception of an arrogant few who believe themselves to be exempt (but they're not).

The sooner you come to terms with these facts, the easier you will find it is seeking any kind of help or even simply existing at all.

Good luck with with your survey and Merry Christmas.

When I think of the stuff I got away with for my A-Levels your questionnaire looks positively cerebral. It is crap though and don't ever,ever forget it. Also, I'm better than you. Much better.
  • ^^^
    wanker-2.jpg
    The dissenter is every human being at those moments of his life when he resigns
    momentarily from the herd and thinks for himself.
  • Bobbinogs
    Bobbinogs Posts: 4,841
    edited December 2011
    I think Cleat has it right, although some of the other posts about a lightweight survey hold true too.

Good luck fella.
  • MattC59
    MattC59 Posts: 5,408
    jim453 wrote:
    To the OP, some points you may want to consider before asking for further help on this forum,

1. You are worthless, everything you have ever done is worthless and most likely everything you ever attempt will be the same. Including your A-Levels. Your questionnaire is beneath contempt.

3. These rules are true for everybody, with the exception of an arrogant few who believe themselves to be exempt (but they're not).

The sooner you come to terms with these facts, the easier you will find it is seeking any kind of help or even simply existing at all.

When I think of the stuff I got away with for my A-Levels your questionnaire looks positively cerebral. It is crap though and don't ever,ever forget it. Also, I'm better than you. Much better.

My word, what an astonishing c*nt of a human being !
    Science adjusts it’s beliefs based on what’s observed.
    Faith is the denial of observation so that Belief can be preserved
  • jim453
    Woooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooosh

Anyway, Cav wins. He appears to be a little confused.
  • RonB
    RonB Posts: 3,984
    Done, good luck with your project mate.
  • McBain_v1
    McBain_v1 Posts: 5,237
    Done. Agree that survey could have been more inquisitive and have some stronger links but then perhaps it was limited in terms of the number of questions that could be allowed? It was over 20 years ago when I did an A-level and so doubtless things have changed (dumbed down no doubt - but then everything was tougher in my day).

What do I ride? Now that's an Enigma!
  • Definetely dumbed down since my day (and the hills were steeper then!) but survey done.
  • he ginat op best check your survery when I finished it said 0% male 0% female or it have you got a largely hermaphrodite sample?
  • DIESELDOG
    DIESELDOG Posts: 2,087
    MattC59 wrote:
    jim453 wrote:

My word, what an astonishing c*nt of a human being !

Honey, you've only just noticed? Where have you been?

Love n hugs

DD
    Eagles may soar but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.

www.onemanandhisbike.co.uk
  • jim453
    Not you as well Liz?

How terribly disappointing.

Merry Christmas.
  • DIESELDOG
    DIESELDOG Posts: 2,087
    Who's Liz?

Love n hugs

DD

Oh and Merry Christmas btw.
    Eagles may soar but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.

www.onemanandhisbike.co.uk
  • jim453
    Thank you