2012 Canyon Nerve AM 9.0

Mojo_666
Mojo_666 Posts: 860
edited September 2012 in Your mountain bikes

Comments

• Awesome looking bike. Canyon do some awesome paint schemes for their bikes. Even better than Cube.
    Bianchi. There are no alternatives only compromises!
    I RIDE A KONA CADABRA -would you like to come and have a play with my magic link?
  • JBA
    JBA Posts: 2,852
    Very nice. 8)
    “Life has been unfaithful
    And it all promised so so much”

Giant Trance 2 27.5 2016 ¦ Sonder Broken Road 2021¦ Giant Revolt Advanced 2 2019 ¦ Giant Toughtroad SLR 1 2019 ¦ Giant Anthem 3 2015 ¦ Specialized Myka Comp FSR 2009
  • andy46
    andy46 Posts: 1,666
    I like this a lot
    2019 Ribble CGR SL

2015 Specialized Roubaix Sport sl4

2014 Specialized Allez Sport
  • chez_m356
    chez_m356 Posts: 1,893
    Thats the best looking AM ive seen yet, well apart from mine, but im biased :D
    Specialized Hardrock Sport Disc 10- CANYON Nerve AM 6 2011
  • Very nice indeed 8)
  • Best looking canyon I've seen so far, very nice!
  • Mojo_666
    Cheers, I was going t go for the 8X in Mamba Green , I am somewhat glad I didn't now.
  • booyaka
    booyaka Posts: 263
    beautiful bike - very nice
  • need better matching colour pedals though :lol:
  • Mojo_666
    need better matching colour pedals though :lol:

That is actually proving quite difficult without going down the black or white route, I have some new black MG1's here but am un decided :|
  • white would be better imo, but it's not my bike so i'll leave you with that dilemma!!
  • Squarepants
    Squarepants Posts: 1,019
    Even better than Cube.

You looking for a fight!?

Very nice Mike..
    Cube Hanzz Pro FR
    It's not that I'm over over biked, my bike is under personed...
  • chez_m356
    Mojo_666 wrote:
    need better matching colour pedals though :lol:

That is actually proving quite difficult without going down the black or white route, I have some new black MG1's here but am un decided :|
    black or white would probably blend better, those orange ones just seem a little too much, but hey, who see's them when your riding :D
  • Maybe some gold ones? Lovely bike mate!
  • Mojo_666
    Maybe some gold ones? Lovely bike mate!

Yup tried them too......worse match than the OJ but in pictures it was a good match :roll:

I decided to stick with superstar OJ, reason being is that they do actually match the colour of the topside down tube decals and I can replace all except the rocker with a perfect match for less than yet another set of pedals will cost while retaining some bling colour.
  • Very nice mate, good to see someone else with the AM Model.
  • Mojo_666
    Very nice mate, good to see someone else with the AM Model.

There will be lots more. ;)
  • SH4RKY
    SH4RKY Posts: 38
    Morning, Nice bike, colour looks better in your photos than on the canyon site.

I'm teetering on clicking buy on a Canyon, I was just curious if there are any hidden import or VAT charges when shipping to the UK...?

Did you receive any nasty extra charges?
  • Nice looking bike there. I speak from experience when I say that orange is a pig of a colour to match. Every single manufacturer seens to have a different idea of what orange is. Very annoying indeed.

Very well specced though. I've been toying with the idea of getting one of the Canyons to strip for the groupset and sell the rest. Outstanding value.

Happy trails!
  • Mojo_666
    Nice looking bike there. I speak from experience when I say that orange is a pig of a colour to match. Every single manufacturer seens to have a different idea of what orange is. Very annoying indeed.

Very well specced though. I've been toying with the idea of getting one of the Canyons to strip for the groupset and sell the rest. Outstanding value.

Happy trails!

Cheers, I don't suppose you have any tips on which manufacturers are closest matching? or to be more specific do any that you know of have a close match with superstar orange?
  • I've got some A2Z orange headset spacers (1 1/8th) you can have if you want them. They match Superstar pretty well.
    Mowa do bits that match too (although I's stay away from their orange rotor bolts).
    Faceface isn't a bad match either.
  • Mojo_666
    SH4RKY wrote:

I'm teetering on clicking buy on a Canyon, I was just curious if there are any hidden import or VAT charges when shipping to the UK...?

No nasty extra charges within the EU so you pay nothing on top of the checkout payment, however at the checkout you have to buy the box they ship it in £30? plus I would advise a spare mech hanger so factor those in..you get a free chain stay protector so don't buy on of those though. :)

And yeah the colours are much better in real life (as is the whole bike IMO) on the site, also what you don't see is the word canyon on the down tube is a very close match to superstar orange
  • chez_m356
    Mojo_666 wrote:
    SH4RKY wrote:

No nasty extra charges within the EU so you pay nothing on top of the checkout payment, however at the checkout you have to buy the box they ship it in £30? plus I would advise a spare mech hanger so factor those in..you get a free chain stay protector so don't buy on of those though. :)
    your looking at roughly £15 for the bike box and £35 for shipping and about £11 for the spare hanger, better to be safe than sorry
  • Mojo_666
    chez_m356 wrote:
    your looking at roughly £15 for the bike box and £35 for shipping and about £11 for the spare hanger, better to be safe than sorry

Having just checked my invoice I can confirm that Chez is pretty much spot on.
  • SH4RKY
    SH4RKY Posts: 38
    Good point about the hanger... assume they just bung it in the bike box rather than charge the stupid accessory postage costs.
  • Mojo_666
    SH4RKY wrote:
    Good point about the hanger... assume they just bung it in the bike box rather than charge the stupid accessory postage costs.

They do, it's the first thing I saw when I opened up my box.
  • 1mancity2
    1mancity2 Posts: 2,355
    Lovely bike, go with black pedals,
    Nice looking bike there. I speak from experience when I say that orange is a pig of a colour to match. Every single manufacturer seens to have a different idea of what orange is. Very annoying indeed.

It's more to do with what material they use as they all anodize differently, only way you will get all the parts matching is from one supplier or recoat the parts in powder.
    Finished, Check out my custom Giant Reign 2010
    Dirt Jumper Dmr Sidekick2
  • Mojo_666
    1mancity2 wrote:
    Lovely bike, go with black pedals

Cheers, way too late for black now. :lol:
  • Hi have you had any faults with this bike as yet?
    I have just ordered the same colour size large, for he record I went within orang spank spike pedals got a decent discount from Canyon with the bike.
    Luke.
  • Mojo_666
    lukeandham wrote:
    Hi have you had any faults with this bike as yet?
    I have just ordered the same colour size large, for he record I went within orang spank spike pedals got a decent discount from Canyon with the bike.
    Luke.

No issue at all I am happy to say, the Torque FRX 6 is pictured with orange spank spikes but they were twice the price of the nano's and i know i get on with nano's so didn't bother....plus they all go silver in the end anyway.