Alfredo Binda Museum

Dirty_Harry
Dirty_Harry Posts: 34
edited December 2011 in The bottom bracket
A couple of months back I was on holiday in Cittiglio, Italy; it's just up from Laveno and practically on lake Maggiore. Anyway I wasn't there for cycling, regrettably, but on holiday with a few mates; it did look like a wonderful place to cycle around. One day whilst we were walking round Cittiglio, much to my surprise, we stumbled on a museum dedicated to Alfredo Binda; run by one of the nicest guys I've ever met I can't quite remember everything, but from memory there were about 4 of Binda's bikes plus a special one that is only found in the Smithsonian and another museum in Paris (I think). All this in a small museum in a small village, it was astounding! The man, who must have been in his 80's, was a fanatic Binda fan, the whole museum is ran and owned by him and all the photographs etc are also owned by him. As I said it was simply amazing.

The man keeps a tally of every guest and their nationalities, this then gets updated on a visitor count seen on the front door.

Has anyone else been?
Although my words can't do it justice, If you haven't been I thoroughly recommend it.