2010 Hardrock upgrade

sensi10
sensi10 Posts: 68
edited December 2011 in Your mountain bikes
Here is my 2010 Specialized hard rock with a few extra goodies lol

6539366257_6fed76c239_z.jpg

Comments

• I like it, is that an original colourway or have you had it resprayed cos it looks mint :)

Nice forks you have on there too, looks like a more trail ready rig with the upgrades youve made.
    What brakes are fitted to your Hardrock, did it come with Hydro's or have you fitted some if so what ones and what are they like?! And what travel is the fork?

Ive just bought a Hardrock, a 2011 Hardrock Sport Disc. Only got it last Friday but pleased with it so far but will be upgrading the pedals shortly, then maybe a shorter stem and some lock on grips.

Theres another fella on here that has a nicely upgraded Hardrock in red and white, so seems to be a few Hardrock owners around good to see some love for the 'entry level' Specialized :)
  • andy46
    andy46 Posts: 1,666
    I believe that has been resprayed, very nice job too. Nice bike with some good upgrades.
    2019 Ribble CGR SL

2015 Specialized Roubaix Sport sl4

2014 Specialized Allez Sport
  • Great colour! Is it a respray or is it an American frame? Noticed they get different paint jobs over the pond!
  • Hi, its been powder coated uk spec frame , upgrades are :

Avid Juicy 7 brakes
    Fox f120r fork
    slx rear mech
    kmc chain
    deor xternal bottom bracket
    deor chainset
    jagwire cable set
    nuke proof rear hub , mavic rims
  • sensi10 wrote:
    Hi, its been powder coated uk spec frame , upgrades are :

Avid Juicy 7 brakes
    Fox f120r fork
    slx rear mech
    kmc chain
    deor chainset
    jagwire cable set

If you don't mind me asking sensor, who did the powder coat and how much was it? I've got an old road frame I'm stripping and was thinking about powdercoating if the price was right.
  • Hi , my friend is a has a powder coating business so I got it done for nothing ;) result !!! The problem with powder coating is the prep work envolved as it took me about 3hrs on a professional vapour blaster to strip of the original specialized paint which I think is factory powdercoated, which would of cost around £100 to strip.
  • very nice well done
  • chez_m356
    chez_m356 Posts: 1,893
    sensi10 wrote:
    Avid Juicy 7 brakes
    Fox f120r fork
    slx rear mech
    kmc chain
    deor chainset
    jagwire cable set
    The question has to be asked, but WHY? its only a hardrock, oh hang on, ive got one myself, and i wouldn't swap it for anything :D , i bet that really gets up the nose's of the eyebrow brigade who look down on so called entry level bikes, nice one there mate, thats got to be unique
    Specialized Hardrock Sport Disc 10- CANYON Nerve AM 6 2011
  • andy46
    I miss my Hardrock, I sold it to a mate at work and he doesn't even use it.

It makes me sad inside.
    2019 Ribble CGR SL

• Its funny cos ive had a rockhopper comp and a giant trance and a xtc and to be honest the hard rock frame is just as good as the others , its all to do with the components ,dont get me wrong i know the rockhopper frame is a bit lighter but the difference is nothing that anyone would ever notice in the real world and I can honestly say that I can ride this just as hard as a rockhopper or xtc . The most important thing is the fork and how well you have it set up the fox fork is so plush much better than others Ive had in the past .
  • I always regretted selling my 2005 Hardrock Sport! It was my first proper MTB and although it was heavy and pretty basic it never let me down, was a good bike. Andy46 have a look on ebay theres plenty of old Hardrocks being sold for very little, I have been tempted to buy a 2005 model with a small frame for the missus and might do so if the right one comes up! This is my old HR Sport brand new back in 2005! Miss it :(

DSC02350.jpg

Heres a picture of my new 2011 Hardrock Sport Disc...Another red Hardrock! But will be toning this one down a little soon, have a black raceface bar and a raceface stem on order, wellgo MG1 pedals and some black lock on's will be added soon. Even though its only a Hardrock I am chuffed to own a specialized again :D

IMAG1710.jpg
  • andy46
    I might make him an offer for it after Xmas, like I say he doesn't use it. He's only been out on it twice in almost 2 years, and that was on the road!

It'd be nice to get the old girl back.
    2019 Ribble CGR SL