Update stock check

lee96
lee96 Posts: 164
edited December 2011 in MTB general
Is it just bad luck on my part or are online sales sites just generally sh*t at updated there stocks.
Twice i have been let down by two different sites, Winstanleys and UK Bike Store.

I ordered a new kit for christmas from Chain reaction, They didn't have the matching jersey in stock but Winstanleys claimed to have it in, I ordered it and got a confimation email. Several days past and i had not recieved the item, I rang them up and they told me that they didn't have the item in stock.

I then continued browsing and found the jersey on UK bike Store, Again I ordered the item and heard nothing, i rang them and got the same again this time, they said that they could guarantee they would have a new shipment coming in in the first week of January. This wasn't ideal but better than nothing, and now, less than a week later i recieve an email saying that they can't ship anymore in and that the item is discontinued.

Why can't they update there stock as soon as they know, The woman on the phone from Winstanleys said that on there system they hadn't had the item in for several days but failed to update this online.

If anyones wondering. It's the No Fear Spectrum Special Edition Jersey in Hangover Red, Size XL.

Comments