Need Power

FODCADEMON
FODCADEMON Posts: 207
edited December 2011 in Health, fitness & training
What are some of the best in-home exercises to improve my overall leg power and acceleration?
Just ride.

Comments

• lunges, one leg squats, pistols, box jumps, sprints, interval training
  • You cant beat turbo trainers!
    One of the most important findings of researchers is just how important specificity of training is; meaning if you want to accelerate faster on a bike the best way to train is on a bike. I do sometimes up to 2 hours on my turbo, and include up to six power sessions of anything from 10 second sprints to a kilo flat out, or 3 minutes hard as I can. Sometimes I just spin as fast as I canm in easier gears, sometimes I gear up well above my comfort zone and just go for it. All hurt! And all work on different components of fitness. My seated accelleration has improved a lot , which is evidenced on the road when I am out with my mates.
    Good luck
    "I do the research so you don't have to!"
    www.tonyharveytraining.com
  • 1). One legged heel raises:- stand with your toe's on a step and your heel over the edge then raise and lower to full extention with 3 sets, alternating on each leg. (calves).
    2). Sissy squats:- Stand next to a door for suport, legs sholder width apart, keep body streight then lower & raise by bending at the knee & keeping your body streight at all times. (Quads). DON'T do it if you have bad knees.
    Dirty weakends are the best. (mountain bikes forever)
    L2 Mountain biking leader & Coach.
    (Mongoose Salvo Sport)