So he really was Il

nicklouse
nicklouse Posts: 50,675
edited December 2011 in The Crudcatcher
"Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
Parktools :?:SheldonBrown

Comments

• Not been the best of years to be a dictator has it.

Who had him in the death pool?

[crudcatcher webbo bleeding heart type]
    Such a tragic loss, he will be sorely missed, he is wiv da baby angles now tho.
    [/crudcatcher webbo bleeding heart type]
  • The issue is, North Korea may face some internal strife now that their beloved dictator has popped his clogs
    They usually retaliate with a little provocation towards South Korea to distract their population from the domestic issues they often face.
    The last thing the world needs is a conflict on the Korean peninsula, but let's see what comes of this. His successor (his son) is in his late 20's, so he may embrace the western ways a little more than his father and this could be a turnaround phase for the last absolute Communist state..
  • Kaise
    Kaise Posts: 2,498
    Herrow!

A-composite-picture-of-Ki-001.jpg
  • I go to S Korea quite often and when I raise the point about re-unification people just don't want anything to do with N Korea and it will be too expensive and they are all animals.. No generosity of thought there and contrasting with a much more open, constructive and ultimately succesful parallel in Germany!
  • The reunification of Germany wasn't as "nice and easy" as you make it out to be
    Those from the [former] East flocked over en mass, it almost destroyed the national health system, each and every German citizen had to pay a monthly DM200 "Reunification Tax" and crime soared.
    The German state housing system also collapsed and it was chaos for years until they got all the former East Germans registered.
    I know this as I lived in Germany for many years and had a lot of German and British mates who were over there at the time. Bottom line, the reunification of Germany was a cluster fück
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    I guess that's the end of his korea
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • IcarusGreen
    IcarusGreen Posts: 1,486
    Gaddafi, Bin Ladin and now Kim Jong Il.........anyone else thinking team america is actually real?

america-fuck-yeah.jpg
    + 1001 posts reset by the cruel cruel moderators!

Giant Trance X4 (2010)
    Giant SCR 02 (2006)
  • The reunification of Germany wasn't as "nice and easy" as you make it out to be
    Those from the [former] East flocked over en mass, it almost destroyed the national health system, each and every German citizen had to pay a monthly DM200 "Reunification Tax" and crime soared.
    The German state housing system also collapsed and it was chaos for years until they got all the former East Germans registered.
    I know this as I lived in Germany for many years and had a lot of German and British mates who were over there at the time. Bottom line, the reunification of Germany was a cluster fück

No it was not 'nice and easy' , it took some time and pain- but both sides wanted it and afterwards - and now it is a complete success. The difference in approach is that the Germans wanted re-unification with their people and their language and the Koreans in my sample want nothing to do with the North.

I guess that the people in the North may think differently.
  • sheepsteeth
    sheepsteeth Posts: 17,418
    one of the security guards at work looks just like kim jong il
  • one of the security guards at work looks just like kim jong il

oh reeeeery?
  • mak3m
    mak3m Posts: 1,394
    Kim Jong-il spent millions on pointless public spectacle ignoring his people’s needs. Now he’s dead we can get on with enjoying the Olympics
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    The last thing the world needs is a conflict on the Korean peninsula, but let's see what comes of this. His successor (his son) is in his late 20's, so he may embrace the western ways a little more than his father and this could be a turnaround phase for the last absolute Communist state..
    From the little that's been seen of him, his son could be even worse. Utterly brainwashed and groomed for the part. First and second sons got overlooked in preference to the third also apparently.

Meanwhile, just to let us know they're still there, they took a pot shot with a missile today.

Only thing that will sort N.Korea out is either a revolution or an all out war. Revolution stands no chance as the people are so subjugated, utterly worship their leaders and unaware of life outside their border other than believing everyone outside is evil.
  • mak3m
    mak3m Posts: 1,394
    chip off the old eastern bloc

http://kimjongunlookingatthings.tumblr.com/