Specialized Status 2 - New bars

MikeyGordon
MikeyGordon Posts: 74
edited December 2011 in MTB workshop & tech
Hi there,

For many years, I have wanted to get into the downhill "scene" so decided to buy myself a new Specialized Status 2 downhill bike. Maybe could have got something better for the money but wanted something brand new. Basically since buying it, I have replaced the saddle to a Nuke Proof Plasma in white and replaced the pedals to DMR V12's in red. I now basically want to replace the bars but unsure about colour. I was initially thinking about buying some wide spank bars in either white or anodized red but recently seen some Nuke Proof warhead bars with a 20mm rise (same width as my specialized) in bright yellow. Do you think this would be lairy? Considering the bike is white and has red detailing on the frame. I dont usually ask for advice but i really dont want to buy something which may look too much and regret it. Any other colour suggestions also or even bar suggestions? Was initially thinking of getting a colour which would go but would stand out so my bike didnt loook to uniform. Many thanks for looking and I hope you guys can hel