cameron's time warp

bianchimoon
bianchimoon Posts: 3,942
edited December 2011 in The bottom bracket
Can't believe that guy, no ideas of his own so he dredges up the old if you're not religious you're not moral excuse. talking absolute bollox about being a christian country, we may have been once, not now we're a secular country and he needs to get up to date and in touch with human beings. Whatever next a tax break for being married? Yes Dave that'll solve the country's problems, why didn't we think about that before Doh! C'mon cleggy show us you have some balls on these isues!
All lies and jest..still a man hears what he wants to hear and disregards the rest....

Comments

• Wirral_paul
    Wirral_paul Posts: 2,476
    To be honest when he talks about this being a Christian country then i think he has a point. A lot of our laws are based on Christian beliefs and i for one do not want to see a change to this. Whilst i'm fine with non christians practicing their religions - if they want to live fully under the laws dictated and based on their own religion then dont live in the UK.

I agree fully though on your first point - politicians should keep out of preaching religious beliefs at us
  • bianchimoon
    Not sure which parts of the law are based on christian beliefs? I think the problem is Christians/people of other religions seem to think they have the monopoly on being 'good' and that you can't be good without being religious. Of course this is nonsense as is the 'thou shalt not commit murder etc' Human beings have evolved in the main by being altruistic towards one another long before the Christian faith was invented, it is humankind that know right from wrong. It is humankind that invented religion out of a deep seated need for comfort and understanding in times when we were less knowledgeable about the world, universe, life and death etc. In the age we live in now we are in the main much more enlightened and society's laws reflect that fortunately as Christian laws followed to the letter would have us stoning to death people for adultery and numerous other barbaric acts that the bible encourages.
    All lies and jest..still a man hears what he wants to hear and disregards the rest....
  • He's attacked the poor, the french and the unions - surely conscription can't be that far off. :D
    The dissenter is every human being at those moments of his life when he resigns
    momentarily from the herd and thinks for himself.
  • bianchimoon
    you may well be right, after all he's never had an original idea/policy of his own it probably won't be long till he drags that one up as a solution to mess the country's in. The guy is so out of touch!
  • random man
    random man Posts: 1,518
    Cameron hasn't got a clue about real life. He proved that when he said that it should only take one person to sort out a problem family, rather than 28 as it is now.
    Unless that one individual is issued with a gun to wipe the family out, they would have to be superhuman to be able to deal with all the issues involved with problem families.
    There isn't enough money available to tempt me to take on such a job.
  • cornerblock
    cornerblock Posts: 3,228
    Never had an original idea? What about 'Hug A Hoodie'? :roll:

Pg-08-Big-Society-getty.jpeg
  • What constitutes a "problem" family?

One where they're on benefits,being unruley,law breaking,drug taking, alcoholics with allsorts of ASBO's etc.

Or

One where they all vote tory.
    Tail end Charlie

The above post may contain traces of sarcasm or/and bullsh*t.
  • bianchimoon
    The worrying thing with that picture is that they're both fiddling around with something in their pockets
  • finchy
    finchy Posts: 6,686
    Britain's never been a Christian country. Plenty of people wanted (and still want) to go to heaven, not that many are so keen on following the teaching of Jesus though.

Maybe somebody should tell Cameron that "it is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter the kingdom of God."
  • In this day and age why does Cameron have to refer back to a belief system that in its history has not been that Christian(No pun intended). Women second class citizens, homophobic, No abortions better stop now before I get really carried away.
    Why o why do we have 26 bishops sitting in the house of Lords???
    Bring on a fully secular society if you ask me.
  • MattC59
    MattC59 Posts: 5,408
    Never had an original idea? What about 'Hug A Hoodie'? :roll:

Pg-08-Big-Society-getty.jpeg

I think conscription might help this scumbag (I'm talking about the one at the back) at least they'd teach him how to aim properly !
    Science adjusts it’s beliefs based on what’s observed.
    Faith is the denial of observation so that Belief can be preserved
  • MattC59
    MattC59 Posts: 5,408
    Science adjusts it’s beliefs based on what’s observed.
    Faith is the denial of observation so that Belief can be preserved
  • McBain_v1
    McBain_v1 Posts: 5,237
    It's just a jump to the left
    And then a step to the right
    With your hands on your hips
    You bring your knees in tight
    But it's the pelvic thrust that really drives you insane,
    Let's do the Time Warp again!

I'd pay good money to see Cameron do the Timewarp :D

What do I ride? Now that's an Enigma!
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 60,660
    He's attacked the poor, the french and the unions
    Can't see any issues with the last two at all...
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]