Llandegla conditions

R8JimBob88
R8JimBob88 Posts: 285
edited December 2011 in Routes
Anyone know what it's like over at Llandegla at present? Is it biking or sledging conditions? Cheers all
If you do what you have always done, you will get what you always got....

Comments

• R8JimBob88 wrote:
    Anyone know what it's like over at Llandegla at present? Is it biking or sledging conditions? Cheers all

They were closed yesterday but have opened today even though they still have snow
    What if your dreams and fears existed in the same place? What if to get to heaven, you had to brave hell? What if everything you've ever wanted cost you everything you've ever achieved? Would you still go there?
  • DaveL
    DaveL Posts: 188
    Was sledging conditions yesterday about 2 inches and still snowing, at the top of the first climb, a bloke went past skiing :shock:

Only did to the top of the first climb as we had to turn back, mate was feeing ill :(

Dave
  • Think I'll head elsewhere! Cheers folks
    If you do what you have always done, you will get what you always got....
  • FSRian
    FSRian Posts: 28
    Ive just got back and had an awesome day!!! 8) 8) only the area out of the trees are really affected by snow (2-3 inches in places) but it was all rideable with some caution on a few of the north shore bits. Out of 7 of us only had 2 tumbles between us and didnt take much longer to do a full loop than normal just took a few extra breaks for food :lol:

Dont be afraid of the snow, if they are open give it a go, whole new world riding in a blizzard plus the cafe will be waiting when you get back. Only downside which was a minor one was having to wait for the car park to be gritted/cleared especially the hill from the main road.
  • at 10 am this morning there was still a fair bit of snow on the exposed sections at Llandegla. Made it slightly harder work but not impossible.
    But on each subsequent lap there was noticeably less and on the fourth go it was really easy to avoid.
  • Can anyone let me know what the conditions are like in the rain and wind at Llandegla? Forecast tomorrow does not look good. Are the trails mainly sheltered or exposed? Cheers.
    Be One Carbon Raw
    Specialized Stumpjumper FSR
    Giant TCR Alliance
  • Alan P
    Alan P Posts: 127
    The long drag up from the café is pretty exposed, but once that's over and done with the trails are pretty sheltered for most of the way round (other than the bits of fire road here and there) and you should be ok. Take a decent waterproof, brave the first few km's and then it should be big smiles all the way for the rest of it :)
    Ibis Mojo HDR (2014)
    Canyon Grand Canyon AL29 (2013)
  • Off there my self tomorrow. Hope its better than today, its been howling over here. The wind is usually in your face up the long climb. Just need to suck it up. Once into the trees its fine as long as they are not being blown over. Theres been a lot of felling work recently so its more exposed than usual. The car park will still be full of nutters though so at least you won't be on your own.
    Canyon Nerve XC7
    Carrera Fury
    Specialized Secteur Elite
    Planet X Uncle John
  • Great thanks for that. Can't wait to go there. The flow and jumps look awesome.
    Be One Carbon Raw
    Specialized Stumpjumper FSR
    Giant TCR Alliance
  • Alan P
    Alan P Posts: 127
    Pain Cave wrote:
    The flow and jumps look awesome.

If you've not been before, you won't be disappointed. There's a lot said about 'degla and the black runs aren't really black, but it does flow and jump very nicely...the place is a real hoot and I always come away with a smile on my face :D:D

Just enjoy!
    Ibis Mojo HDR (2014)
    Canyon Grand Canyon AL29 (2013)