SpyLamp and SpyBike GPS tracking device!

13»

Comments

• cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    If anyone buys one after reading this thread they deserve to be ripped off.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • I wouldn't go so far as to say that. It was a bit tricky to do all the initial steps to get it set up and connected to the telephone SMS system but it worked fine for me till water damaged it. With a little glue it can be made waterproof. An alternative to this is another system available for $65 more: http://btrack.sartoribikes.com/en/products/btrack-safe-light-gps-tracker-antitheft-bike/
  • cooldad
    Awesome idea. Until someone spends 1 second knicking your pointlessly expensive light.
    I don't do smileys.

Parktools
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    To work it has to be invisible (inside the frame) but then it doesn't work as it has no signal, to get a signal it has to be outside the frame and can be removed and thrown away, Unless it is integrated to the point where the frame is the antenna, it will never work satisfactorily.
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • The steering tube should theoretically limit reception but since the top of it is "plugged" with aluminum it will still give/receive signal. I've read reviews of people using it in their steering tube and they say it does work.
  • cooldad
    Rather weird how every person in this thread using one of these devices seems to join, post something about them then disappear.

I think they may be being sold by aliens to track potential probees.
    I don't do smileys.

Parktools
  • Be warned: Don't buy any of these, they are 2G and no longer work in the US. I have emailed the Integrated Trackers many times and never got a reply. Spy seatpost, spylamp is the same junk, don't waste your money like I did.
  • The Rookie
    This is a UK website....they still don't work but not for that reason!
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • The Rookie
    You resurrected this thread just to say that....wow!