Sweaty palms.

cornerblock
cornerblock Posts: 3,228
edited December 2011 in The bottom bracket
A guy who I meet occasionally has really really sweaty palms. They are so bad it makes me feel a bit sick when I have to shake his hand, which he always offers, he's very polite. I then have to go and wash my hands as it really feels uuurgh! When he said goodbye recently and offered his hand I just patted him on the back!! I'd only just got back from washing my hands after greeting him, so kind of refused his hand. I do feel bad, and a bit rude for doing this as he is a nice guy, but it's as if you are sticking your hand up someones armpit! I realise it is a condition (Hyperhidrosis) and not his fault, so do I just shake hands and go wash them after, I can't keep patting him on the back. Anyone else had to deal with this? I'm not being OCD, his hands are so sweaty!

Comments

• are you sure it's sweat and not- say- man juice brought on by him being weak at the knees in your presence.
    The dissenter is every human being at those moments of his life when he resigns
    momentarily from the herd and thinks for himself.
  • nevman
    nevman Posts: 1,611
    Gloves.
    Whats the solution? Just pedal faster you baby.

Summer B,man Team Carbon LE#222
    Winter Alan Top Cross
    All rounder Spec. Allez.
  • cornerblock
    are you sure it's sweat and not- say- man juice brought on by him being weak at the knees in your presence.

Stop it :oops:

@ nevman

Could keep the latex gloves on and always have a spare wheel by my side I suppose. :wink:
  • McBain_v1
    McBain_v1 Posts: 5,237
    Coat your hands in talc beforehand (excuse for talc covered hands is that you've just been dusting up some inner tubes to aid puncture repairs) and then see how much transfers from your hands to his - that ought to give him a real visual cue as to just how sweaty he is. It might even persuade him to stop offerring said sweaty mits :)

What do I ride? Now that's an Enigma!
  • You could try quoting Othello to him:

This argues fruitfulness and liberal heart;
    Hot, hot, and moist. This hand of yours requires
    A sequester from liberty, fasting and prayer,
    Much castigation, exercise devout;
    For here's a young and sweating devil here,
    That commonly rebels.
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    When it comes to shake hands, spit on yours and offer it. Maybe he'll pull back.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • Begin a new 'street' shake. Like the cool kids or gangsters do. You know, the one when you clench fists & touch. You might need to come up with an new greeting to carry it off. May i suggest, ssup blud...
  • MattC59
    MattC59 Posts: 5,408
    Treat him to Stink Palm next time you meet him, he won't want to shake your hand again :lol:
    I give you.......... the stink palm.......

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MfVVjpVZP8I
    Science adjusts it’s beliefs based on what’s observed.
    Faith is the denial of observation so that Belief can be preserved
  • cornerblock
    Very varied solutions, on the one hand Othello, a bit highbrow maybe, on the other hand Stink Palm, I really hope it's just a sweaty palm now. Got me feeling all queasy again.