low end full suspension advice please c2w

baz-R
baz-R Posts: 6
edited February 2012 in MTB buying advice
hi i have been offerd a cycle to work scheme form my work for one month only for a bike upto £1000 and want to replace my dead giant xtc with a full sus trail style mtb as my non xc riding killed the old girl
i can either have a halfords jobbie or any local independent scheme i would prefer not to "topup"
due to buy back values and i realy prefer the fit and feel of bikes with a slacker geomerty. i have been pointed buy meny friends to the cboadman team fs. there are none of thease local to me but i have sat on a pro fs witch i found firm and a little far in the reach and felt very much of a xc style like my old xtc that gives me a little lower back pain from the strech as i have sortish arms and cant touch my toes :cry:
the voodoo canzo (£999) felt the right kind of fit and style and so did a kona dawg (2010-11 for £900) i sat on.
could anyone advise me on a good quality bike in my price range that i can get on a c2w scheme
there are so meny bikes out there and not much time to find one
i live in the devon area and happy to shop localish and on line and my riding would mostly be trails at haldon hill if anyone knows it

Comments

• baz-R
    oh local shop has a few bikes in my size and in my price range but been a little out of the loop im not sure whats a good deal or not

kona dawg 2010 £900 with spd peddles inc
    giant anthem x4's 1 soild 2012 £1150 or 1 2011 new for same money
    cannondale prophet £875 or rz £1150
    scott spark60 £1200
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    The Boardman is very much XC, not slack at all, the Canzo has got very disapointing reviews (compared to the VG reviews the hardtails have had!).

Simon
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • Trance x5 - you can get it cheap from a couple of places and was bike of the year in mbr.
    2011 Giant Trance Ltd, 2016 Revs, XT bits etc.
  • Pudseyp
    Pudseyp Posts: 3,514
    Take a look at Paul's cycles, they have huge discounts available, though they will add 10% back on to cover the C2W admin fees.
    Tomac Synper 140 Giant XTC Alliance 1
    If the world was flat, I wouldn't be riding !
  • baz-R
    got a shop soiled specialized pitch comp 2011 in medium for £1000 in the end
    150mm at both ends cant be bad