Setting up SID RLT

welsh_14
welsh_14 Posts: 259
edited December 2011 in MTB workshop & tech
Hey everyone,
Finally bought some 2011 SID RLT's from Merlin and now waiting for santa claus to come so I am allowed to fit them!
I have been looking online to find out how to set them up for my weight etc. I've never had air forks before and nothing with so many adjustments so don't have the first idea where to start! But can't find anything that gives much help. Could anyone on here enlighten me?!

Comments

• Wait till you get them and read the manual?

Or look in FAQs - BR tech guy has also done a good video clip on this site also worth a look.
  • welsh_14
    Thanks, when I had a sneaky peek in the box I didn't notice a manual but hopefully there will be!
    I'll have a look at the video cheers.
  • nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    then download it and read it.

but buy a shock pump.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • welsh_14
    Will do! Cheers for the help
  • the air pressure settings are marked on the fork along with weights, its a good guide to get you started and then the rebound setting start in the middle and work from that, great fork by the way, if you do your own servicing check the oil levels in the lowers they can come with nothing in them
    anthem x with many upgrades
  • welsh_14
    Thanks for the help i'll make sure I check that! Will give that a go to start!
    So excited to see how much difference they will make compared to my current Magura vidar!