£20 bike service - sorry, London only!

PBo
PBo Posts: 2,493
edited December 2011 in Commuting chat
Hi,

For those of you who are mechanically challenged:

"On your bike", near London bridge, are doing a discounted service for £20 via kgb deals.

I have no idea how good they are, I'm just passing on the link. However, if you are interested please could you get it via this link:

http://19e2a036-47c2-471b-bef9-ac73322a0107.kgbdeals.co.uk/?utm_source=3Dym&utm_medium=3Demail&utm_campaign=3Dinvitation

because -to declare my interest - I get a credit with kgb for new members who buy their first deal (but once again, I can't vouch for the quality of the shop)

If you don't feel that charitable, the you can just go to kgb direct.

www.kgbdeals.co.uk

and then choose london deals.

PBo

Comments

• Headhuunter
    Headhuunter Posts: 6,494
    Sounds like a good deal but of course they're likely to find "problems" with the bike they can charge extra labour and parts on... However if your bike needs a good clean up, seems like a good opportunity
    Do not write below this line. Office use only.
  • kelsen
    kelsen Posts: 2,003
    Good deal. Even just to avoid the hassle of degreasing 6 months worth of commuting gunk!
  • cyberknight
    cyberknight Posts: 1,238
    For what there offering you can do yourself, buy yourself a tool kit and do your own maintenance as it will pay for itself very quickly.
    FCN 3/5/9
  • dhope
    dhope Posts: 6,699
    Evans are doing this for £15 from £40. Was their 'Winter gear clean' and sounds about the same as this service.
    Rose Xeon CW Disc
    CAAD12 Disc
    Condor Tempo
  • EKE_38BPM
    EKE_38BPM Posts: 5,821
    For what there offering you can do yourself, buy yourself a tool kit and do your own maintenance as it will pay for itself very quickly.

Its all well and good saying that, but suppose the mice nick your tools, you are too tired from a crying newborn, the foxes nicking your kebab has left you weak and a lack of space (for space read skills) prevent you from doing the service?

Sorry DDD, it popped into my mind and I had to do it!
    FCN 3: Raleigh Record Ace fixie-to be resurrected sometime in the future
    FCN 4: Planet X Schmaffenschmack 2- workhorse
    FCN 9: B Twin Vitamin - winter commuter/loan bike for trainees

I'm hungry. I'm always hungry!
  • cyberknight
    cyberknight Posts: 1,238
    Seriously ?

They are offering to clean your bike, check for wear and index the gears , you can index gears and the only tool you are going to need is a screwdriver if the H+L /B screws need tweaking.
    As for skill you can find pretty much everything on youtube and park tools.

http://www.parktool.com/blog/repair-help

Everything they offer can be done in half an hour to check (and that includes the washing of the bike )
    FCN 3/5/9
  • PBo
    PBo Posts: 2,493
    Of course you are right
    But some people don't have the confidence or inclination. In which case £20 isn't shocking.

(stop trying to undermine my referral attempts!) ;)
  • EKE_38BPM
    EKE_38BPM Posts: 5,821
    Seriously ?
    No, not really. Foxes nicking kebabs and mice nicking tools should have been a bit of a clue.

But if you don't have the time, tools or inclination then £20 isn't too bad. A bike with badly indexed gears getting sorted for £20? That would be a bargain for some people and for those people, then the offer linked to would be perfect.

Not for me, not for you, but for some people.
    FCN 3: Raleigh Record Ace fixie-to be resurrected sometime in the future
    FCN 4: Planet X Schmaffenschmack 2- workhorse
    FCN 9: B Twin Vitamin - winter commuter/loan bike for trainees

I'm hungry. I'm always hungry!