Hangover you can crack rocks on.

SimonAH
SimonAH Posts: 3,730
edited December 2011 in Commuting chat
Got one.

In office holding the fort together the day after the Christmas party. Only person stupid enough not to book today as holiday about five years ago.

Still a touch squiffy, yet feeling foul and head pounding simultaneously.

I suspect that come opening time a lurch across the road to the pub and a stiffener will be called for.

Oh, and by the way, if you are ever booked into a Big Sleep Hotel for the night I recommend that you commit a minor criminal offence and get slung into the cells for the night as the accomodation will be better. My hotel last night was a swift jog from Cardiff Prison and I was entertaining fantasies of breaking in.
FCN 5 belt driven fixie for city bits
CAADX 105 beastie for bumpy bits
Litespeed L3 for Strava bits

Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast.

Comments

• sketchley
    sketchley Posts: 4,238
    --
    Chris

Genesis Equilibrium - FCN 3/4/5
  • sketchley
    sketchley Posts: 4,238
    Also if no one else is there. Who's going to notice if your not?
    --
    Chris

Genesis Equilibrium - FCN 3/4/5
  • Did you take your girlfriend to the party?
    Chunky Cyclists need your love too! :-)
    2009 Specialized Tricross Sport
    2011 Trek Madone 4.5
    2012 Felt F65X
    Proud CX Pervert and quiet roadie. 12 mile commuter
  • SimonAH
    SimonAH Posts: 3,730
    Did you take your girlfriend to the party?

Haha! Nope, we have a very sensible 'no +1s' policy. Means that nobody has to worry about censure, hair may be let down with abandon. Wish I had though, at least I would have had something comfortable to sleep on afterwards.

Seriously, WORST HOTEL EVER.
    FCN 5 belt driven fixie for city bits
    CAADX 105 beastie for bumpy bits
    Litespeed L3 for Strava bits

Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,773
    I had the day off after our works do. Going to work would have been much easier. It was my daughter's 10th birthday. I had to be all smily and convince myself I wasn't about to implode. The wife also had the day off so after walking little one to school I had to go Christmas shopping with the EPO.
    Coming to work would have been so much easier. On the bright side after 2 days with hangovers I'm fine today.
  • clarkey cat
    clarkey cat Posts: 3,641
    Had mine last night too. Feel dreadful. Got in at 3 and was up again at 6.
    I've had a breakfast bap and I'll feel alot better after a beeriod in an hour or so.
  • veronese68
    Sorry, should have said. You have my sympathy I find hangovers have been getting much worse in recent years. It's almost enough to put me off drinking. Fried food is definitely a good thing.
    Was it Frank Sinatra that said "I feel sorry for people that don't drink. When they wake up that's as good as they're going to feel all day"
  • clarkey cat
    Veronese - did I see you yesterday by Hampton Wick. Asking a fallen hybrid rider if he was okay?
  • veronese68
    Yes, saw the post and replied late. I felt bad all day as I didn't actually stop, just called "Are you ok?". I think he was ok, he went down on his side and rolled quite well. Got up very quickly.
    I was feeling rather grim and was running a bit late. Karma got me back for not stopping and I had a visit from the pf later. Didn't notice until I tried to go home.
    Where were you? I think I saw a couple of other bikes.
  • clarkey cat
    I was waiting at the lights (like a good cyclist) heading up Hampton Ct Rd towards Kingston.

Yea the hybrid looked fine. Didnt look like a bad fall.
  • veronese68
    Ah, the bloke in the middle of the two lanes? Vaguely remember giving a nod as I went round the corner. Memory is a bit vague due to beer consumption.