Customisation help please!

richVSrich
richVSrich Posts: 527
edited December 2011 in Commuting chat
Ok, so I'm riding a Hybrid (boardman) and whilst I have bar ends for additional hand positions I am thinking if changing to bull horns would be better (narrowed bars and longer "bar ends")

I know the handlebar currently is using an oversized stem, and whilst bull horns do come in oversize clamps, I was wondering if I can change them stem to "road" sized - this would allow me to move the brakes/shifters in closer to the middle as the clamps arent wide enough to fit over the oversized section of the handlebars...

so I think my question is: are forks just one size for the fit of the stem, or are there different sizes too like handlebar clamp sizes...(oversized?)

in which case can anyone suggest me a combination of bull horn and stem, or just the bullhorn please :)

and are there any other consideration i need to take into account?

ta! :D

Comments

• nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    road size bar clamp area is the same as all others. they have all gone oversize.

but yes you can get stuff to fit and yes the steerers come in other sizes just get the same as you have now. most likely 1 1/8th
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown