Got a new bike!

appleobsessive
appleobsessive Posts: 153
edited December 2011 in Commuting general
Hi guys,

I haven't actually visited BikeRadar since before the name changed from What Mountain Bike :?: I think, back in 2007! I also haven't done much cycling since then either, I even had to sell my only bike to fund driving lessons! :oops:

But I started a new job recently and one of the first things they asked was if I wanted to do Cycle to Work, so we decided on using Evans Ride2Work scheme, applied last Friday and on Tuesday I collected my new bike from Evans in Fulham. Got me a SS Specialized Langster and my god is it fun! I then cycled back to Wimbledon station which was quite a struggle for me as I'd never ridden SS, and the route I took was pretty much a 5 mile long up hill struggle.

It's a great bike, can get really low on the drops and it gets up to speed so fast. The ONLY complaint I have is the brakes are pretty damned weak so I will definitely be replacing them in the near future :D

Anyway, it was loads of fun and I can see myself coming here a lot more :mrgreen:
Tu soltanto esistere una volta [:)]

Comments

• fossyant
    fossyant Posts: 2,549
    Flip it to fixed, no point to single speed. FACT !
  • To be honest, until I get back to being substantially fitter than I am at the moment, I wouldn't be comfortable with doing that, because my legs will fall off :wink: In all seriousness though, after Xmas, I will!

Why do you say no point in SS by the way?
  • clarkey cat
    clarkey cat Posts: 3,641
    There is a point to SS. However riding fixed is more fun and once you've swapped over, and got used to it, you won't go back.
  • I don't know if it would even be possible to ride fixed where I live because I go down some veeeeeeeeeeeeeeery steep hills. My legs just cannot spin that fast yet!