Fastest rising internet searches 2011 - edit

Redhog14
Redhog14 Posts: 1,377
edited December 2011 in The bottom bracket
I'd like to congratulate myself on not contributing to any of the top ten internet searches of 2011
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-16181761

Comments

• greasedscotsman
    greasedscotsman Posts: 6,962
    edited December 2011
    I can quite happily say I don't know what (or who) 4 of those are!

:D
  • Let's see.

Royal Wedding
    I knew it was on, so why "Google" it?

iPhone 5
    Is there one? Oh well.

FIFA 12
    Is this a computer game or some tournament?

Groupon
    Yep, I know of them.

iPad 2
    Don't want one, not interested.

Ryan Dunn
    Who?

Adele
    Singer, I think.

Minecraft
    Computer game?

Rebecca Black
    Who?

Ed Sheeran
    Who?

Yep, I've not looked up any of these either! :D
    Remember that you are an Englishman and thus have won first prize in the lottery of life.
  • come on be honest - how many of you have actually now googled Ed Sheeran?
    The dissenter is every human being at those moments of his life when he resigns
    momentarily from the herd and thinks for himself.
  • MattC59
    MattC59 Posts: 5,408
    I haven't googled Ed Shearan, but having seen him at Reading festival, I suspect that a google search would reply with:

"Ginger haired, whiney, full of his own self importance, posh kid with a guitar"
    Science adjusts it’s beliefs based on what’s observed.
    Faith is the denial of observation so that Belief can be preserved
  • come on be honest - how many of you have actually now googled Ed Sheeran?
    who?
  • GiantMike
    GiantMike Posts: 3,139
    The top 10 list is the list of the 'fastest rising' searches. Therefore, as there wasn't a Royal Wedding last year and there was one this year you would expect there to be a significant rise in searches for it. However, it's not the top search. And being sloppy journalists they don't provide a link to the source. And I'm not gonna Google it.

[ETA] I did Google it, and the Top Google search for 2011 was......

GIRLS IN LYRCA SHORTS

followed closely by

MALES IN SAUCY SKIMPY THONGS

I'm assimung there's a women's forum somewhere with a very disturbing thread running :shock:
  • Yossie
    Yossie Posts: 2,600
    GiantMike wrote:
    The top 10 list is the list of the 'fastest rising' searches. Therefore, as there wasn't a Royal Wedding last year and there was one this year you would expect there to be a significant rise in searches for it. However, it's not the top search. And being sloppy journalists they don't provide a link to the source. And I'm not gonna Google it.

[ETA] I did Google it, and the Top Google search for 2011 was......

GIRLS IN LYRCA SHORTS

followed closely by

MALES IN SAUCY SKIMPY THONGS

I'm assimung there's a women's forum somewhere with a very disturbing thread running :shock:

And that's what happens when you let them get away fornm the sink, the hoover and pain killer less child birth. That Pankhurst burd has a lot to answer for, I can tell you that much.
  • Omar Little
    Omar Little Posts: 2,010
    Would any of these searches make it into the non censored version?

Maybe the Royal Wedding would sneak in - but only when you add Pippa Middletons Arse (or indeed ass, bum and buttocks) to the search terms
  • beverick
    beverick Posts: 3,461

Maybe the Royal Wedding would sneak in - but only when you add Pippa Middletons ars* (or indeed ass, bum and buttocks) to the search terms

My mother still comes over all "...offended from Leeds" when she hears the name Pippa Middleton. In fact, I expect her to jump up and shout, in a "Father Ted" sort of way, something along the lines of 'tart' or 'stumpet' or the like.

BTW, who are Ryan Dunn, Rebecca Black and Ed Sheeran? I now feel compelled to find out but it would mean resorting to 'google'!

Bob
  • Was BR Cake stop number 11?
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 43,174
    I can't believe Speed King and Be Warned didn't make the top 10. I can only assume they are so famous that no-one needed to search for them? Or as it was by growth the main surge was last year.

Think I might add one to the 2011 royal wedding Pippa's backside image searches as I haven't seen a photo for a while and my mind needs refreshing :wink:

I've heard of Ed Sheeran (due to having a teenage daughter) but not a clue on Ryan Dunn or Rebecca Black - guess which one I'm off to look up?!
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 43,174
    Right, shouldn't have bothered - she was responsible for one of the worst songs of the year (which is quite an achievement when there's so much competition for the title!).
  • Redhog14
    Redhog14 Posts: 1,377
    Strangely on the basis that I did not look them up so far in 2011 I still feel no need to educate myself further as to who or what they are...