Cateye wireless problems

puppiesdanglybits
puppiesdanglybits Posts: 101
edited December 2011 in Road beginners
Got a cateye wireless computer which works fine until I put my Busch & muller light on full then cateye stops working, anyone had this issue & how is it resolved?
Triedoving them as far as art as I can on the bars but still the same problem

Comments

• It's a common problem with LED headlights and wireless computers. Your headlight is 'flashing' the LED emitter thousands of times per second for various complicated reasons to do with emitter efficiency. Unfortunately this also creates radio interference which stops your computer from picking up the signal from its transmitter.

The only solution I found with mine was to replace the computer with a wired one.

With some lights, the problem goes away if you run on full power - that mode tends to drive the emitter continuously instead of intermittently. The Moon X500 and the Smart Lunar 35 do this; yours might but I honestly can't say.
  • I had the same problem with a B&M Dynamo which produced Electro Static Interference in operation. This white noise over-rode the radio signals from the wireless transmitter and stopped it working all together.
    As Kerguelen suggests, I had to change my computer for a wired one. If you are using a B&M Dynamo, then you could, if the wires are long enough, try fitting it on the rear wheel in other words positioning the dynamo and computer as far apart as possible. This may work but no guarantees. Good Luck.
    There's warp speed - then there's Storck Speed