Liverpool/North west routes

PaulC7
PaulC7 Posts: 112
edited December 2011 in Routes
Does anyone know of any that are suitable for beginner or of a moderate level that isnt too far away.

And also are there any good places to take young kids for a downhill run?

Thanks

Comments

• Hi mate how far are you prepared to travel?
    50 miles a week is not enough I need more.
  • PaulC7
    About 2 hours on train maybe a little more.
  • delcol
    delcol Posts: 2,848
    does it have to be on train ?

liverpool your best bet would be northwales so lladegla marin trail penmachno and possably coed-de-brennin (spelling)

but i dont know about train stations near them ect..

in cheshire there's delamere
    then there's a few places round lancashire rivington pike/healy nab lee quarry cragg quarry, gisburn forest.
    again not to sure on train stations ect..
  • From Liverpool on the train, Delamere will be the closest and easiest as there is a train station right by the visitor centre (direct train from chester I think).
  • PaulC7
    Yes for now i would have to travel by train till i get my car back on the road.

Are the places you suggested ok for kids too... aged 7 and 9?... and can you share with me the exact locations?

As for train stations if there not too far away then riding from them to the routes will be fine.
  • DodgeT
    DodgeT Posts: 2,255
    Delamere sounds good for what you want and should be easy to get to. Ask in the bike shop (Trax I think) and they should give you some pointers for cheeky trail goodness :)
  • Pudseyp
    Pudseyp Posts: 3,514
    Delemere is your best bet...how competent are the kids ? as there is a mix of fire roads and loads of technical trials...
    I ride there quite a bit, so if you want some technical stuff PM me and I could always meet you there if I am available.
    Tomac Synper 140 Giant XTC Alliance 1
    If the world was flat, I wouldn't be riding !
  • im at delamere at least twice a week and as pudseyp said there is loads of techy stuff thats hidden away plus a little down hill sections that im going to try and add to after xmas .
  • PaulC7
    Well ive had a good look at Delamere and it does look like a really good place to go so after christmas shall head down there with the family that way i can have a nice day out and also see what any downhill sections are like and see if i could manage a day of it.

Shall have to get busy and learn how to service my bike right away.

Thanks guys, any more places just let us know (except Llandgela...im finding out about that already)