Flaming Car Drivers

Kamzter
Kamzter Posts: 191
edited December 2011 in The bottom bracket
And yes I am one too but not a complete arrogant cock like I had the other night going home from work.
There I was riding behind him in slowish traffic, so the arrogant cock decided it would be funny to slam on his breaks for no reason at all so that I would either hit him or come off.
Well that p***** him off as I did neither and skidded quickly to a stop and keeping balance as to move off again of which impressed myself !!
They say that us roadies etc are bad on the roads, at least we help keep the flaming traffic down and help the enviroment.
Was a bit peeved that I took some rubber off my tyres on the back wheel, I should of followed him home and sent him the bill for new tyres !!
40 mph in a 30 zone officer? nah, I've only been out for the last 5 minutes !!

Comments

• GiantMike
    GiantMike Posts: 3,139
    You should have noted his registration number and called the police when you got home. He may make a habit of this behaviour.

Or dragged him out of his car and battered him to a pulp with his own shoe in front of the gathering crowd of bystanders, then jumping on your bike shouting something like "I'm James Martin and nobody f*cks with me!"
  • Smokin Joe
    Smokin Joe Posts: 2,706
    Then again you could have kept a safe distance behind him so that if he had to stop in an emergency you would have been able to stop without scaring yourself sh1tless.
  • cougie
    cougie Posts: 22,512
    Maybe a cat ran out ?
  • cougie wrote:
    Maybe a cat ran out ?

Surely he would have sped up then :twisted:

I own a cat. This was a joke.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 52,101
    Long time ago, in the years before Sunday shopping and a Sunday run was through villages with bells that you could actually hear above the noise of the odd car. Actually, not that long ago. I was riding with a well known cycle club on the south coast. The club policy was to ride in single file along busy roads and 2 by 2 on quieter roads. 2 by 2 is not illegal contrary to many petrol/diesel heads. On a very quiet winding road towards Herstmonceaux, this bloke was in his Montego effin and blinding out of the window and waving his fist at a reasonable long line of cyclists (about 20 odd). Once he got past, beeping his horn and driving very badly, he accelerated (well, I say 'accelerated'... there is poetic license in there). The other riders took off behind him and managed to accost and surround him at the next 'T' junction. He was then dragged out of the car and placed on the verge and his ignition keys got chucked into the hedge. No mean feat when they were all wearing cleats. I sat on my bike agog at the goings on. I was green to the south coast, traffic and attitudes having come down from Scotland was not used to so many cars and such bad attitudes towards cyclists. At the time I felt complicit somehow, but after a couple of weeks re-considered my position to the point I should have maybe stuck a boot in whilst I had the opportunity. The police went round Brighton Mitre, Hastings (RC?), Eastbourne Rovers, Tunbridge CC - and nobody blabbed.
    If you are not falling asleep at this point...
    A friend of mine got a job as a courier in London (Mid nineties). One fine day whilst riding along through Clapham a coloured gentleman leaned out of the passenger seat of a BMW and grabbed my friend and they speeded up. If you know the route towards the City centre, you'll know all the gutters, potholes and railings at the side of the road. He sh*t himself as you would but eventually having thankfully not come off or gotten mangled by railings, he was released. The BMW carried on as he heard the occupants laughing vicariously. At the next junction the BMW took a left hand lane before a set of lights and pulled to a hault. The passenger of the car had his arm on the doorframe, window down, elbow sticking out. My friend put his hand on the railing, took his right foot out of the cleat in a state of absolute rage and landed the foot down on top of the bent arm. There was an audible crack of bone and screams emmitting from the car. A quick getaway then followed. Suffice to say, he had to take a different route for weeks after as there were 'Police incident' posters everywhere.
    I said 'well done' to him. ... I did similar with a brand new MR2 and a wing mirror.. but thats a different story.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Kamzter
    Kamzter Posts: 191
    I was not going that quick to know my stopping distances.
    It was in the town area so doubt it was a cat, just someone that thought they we're amusing.
    Next time I'll follow em home n shit in their slippers !!
    40 mph in a 30 zone officer? nah, I've only been out for the last 5 minutes !!
  • If you hit the back of a car - its your fault.... same as with any other vehicle.
  • random man
    random man Posts: 1,518
    While riding home from work yesterday I approached the roundabout to turn right as usual - got in the right hand lane, entered the r'bout, signalled to turn left as I approached my exit.
    A van pulled onto the r'bout ahead of me and was fine, he had plenty of time. However, the tw@t behind him in the Jag decided to pull out across my path as I was about to exit, forcing me to change direction and ride alongside him while asking politely, loud enough for him to hear 'What the f*ck are you doing, you w@nker?', to which he slowed down enough for me to go up the road I wanted instead of back down the bypass.
    Most drivers are perfectly good law abiding citizens, but sometimes you really do meet some genuine @rseholes.
  • DrKJM
    DrKJM Posts: 271
    If you hit the back of a car - its your fault.... same as with any other vehicle.

I'm not sure this is *always* the case. I believe that if the driver in front behaves in a way that they deliberately stop to cause those following to brake hard/have an accident then they can be held responsible. I'd say that in this case and given the information provided you might struggle to prove it was deliberate though.