Christmas rant

2»

Comments

• DonDaddyD
    DonDaddyD Posts: 12,689
    When did 'Electric' somehow become 'Digital'?
    Food Chain number = 4

A true scalp is not only overtaking someone but leaving them stopped at a set of lights. As you, who have clearly beaten the lights, pummels nothing but the open air ahead. ~ 'DondaddyD'. Player of the Unspoken Game
  • dhope
    dhope Posts: 6,699
    DonDaddyD wrote:
    Never did, they're quite different, can quite happily have electric & analogue
    Rose Xeon CW Disc
    CAAD12 Disc
    Condor Tempo
  • Mr Plum
    Mr Plum Posts: 1,097
    DonDaddyD wrote:

IME, 'Electric Piano' would imply the sound rather than the instrument.
    FCN 2 to 8
  • Electric pianos produce sounds mechanically and the sounds are turned into electrical signals by pickups. Unlike a synthesizer, the electric piano is not an electronic instrument, but electro-mechanical. The earliest electric pianos were invented in the late 1920s; the 1929 Neo-Bechstein electric grand piano was among the first. Probably the earliest stringless model was Lloyd Loar's Vivi-Tone Clavier.
    An electronic piano is a keyboard instrument designed to simulate the timbre of a piano (and sometimes a harpsichord or an organ) using analog circuitry.

Electronic Piano was also the trade name used for Wurlitzer's popular line of electric pianos, which were produced from the 1950s to the 1980s, although this was not actually what is now commonly known as an electronic piano. Electronic pianos work similarly to analog synthesizers in that they generate their tones through oscillators, whereas electric pianos are mechanical, their sound being electrified by a pickup.

Clearer?

A Digital Piano uses sound samples from 'real' pianos (my ex-wife's Digital piano sampled a Steinway (which was great as this was her favourite brand of Piano))
    Chunky Cyclists need your love too! :-)
    2009 Specialized Tricross Sport
    2011 Trek Madone 4.5
    2012 Felt F65X
    Proud CX Pervert and quiet roadie. 12 mile commuter
  • DonDaddyD
    DonDaddyD Posts: 12,689
    Bah Humbug!
    Food Chain number = 4

A true scalp is not only overtaking someone but leaving them stopped at a set of lights. As you, who have clearly beaten the lights, pummels nothing but the open air ahead. ~ 'DondaddyD'. Player of the Unspoken Game
  • Gussio
    Gussio Posts: 2,452
    SimonAH wrote:
    I'm currently scratching my head over how to wrap a 700C wheeled steel Peugeot without making it obvious what it is....

Lock the bike up outside, wrap the key and give her that?
  • Mr Plum
    Mr Plum Posts: 1,097
    Gussio wrote:
    SimonAH wrote:
    I'm currently scratching my head over how to wrap a 700C wheeled steel Peugeot without making it obvious what it is....

Lock the bike up outside, wrap the key and give her that?

That's got 'Epic Christmas Fail' written all over it depending on the area you live in...
    FCN 2 to 8