Mudcow is going opp north.....

mudcow007
mudcow007 Posts: 3,861
edited December 2011 in Commuting chat
ive got a trip to Scotland (coatbridge) which i'm told it's the "armpit of Scotland"

i gotta be there for 8am so a 4.30am start for me tomorrow

is there much snow up there yet?

im hoping so, im going in a rwd transit van.....
Keeping it classy since '83

Comments

• Just make sure you stop at Tebay services (j38-39) - best view of any Service station in the UK
    Chunky Cyclists need your love too! :-)
    2009 Specialized Tricross Sport
    2011 Trek Madone 4.5
    2012 Felt F65X
    Proud CX Pervert and quiet roadie. 12 mile commuter
  • suzyb
    suzyb Posts: 3,449
    mudcow007 wrote:
    ive got a trip to Scotland (coatbridge) which i'm told it's the "armpit of Scotland"

i gotta be there for 8am so a 4.30am start for me tomorrow

is there much snow up there yet?

im hoping so, im going in a rwd transit van.....
    No, none. But at 8am tomorrow who knows :wink:

Word of advice, don't leave the van alone for too long.
  • rolf_f
    rolf_f Posts: 16,015
    Just make sure you stop at Tebay services (j38-39) - best view of any Service station in the UK

I saw a better view north of there once. Last year I was on my way back from the Keswick Mountain Challenge, and a few miles North of Tebay services I passed a broken down Minibus with the contents (cheerleaders) all lined up along the edge of the hard shoulder. If my mind and reflexes hadn't been addled from the ride I'd have had the sense to stop and help. Or at least stop and look since my mechanical skills are minimal :lol:
    Faster than a tent.......
  • daviesee
    daviesee Posts: 6,386
    Coatbridge = Buckfast for breakfast.
    None of the above should be taken seriously, and certainly not personally.
  • Rolf F wrote:
    Just make sure you stop at Tebay services (j38-39) - best view of any Service station in the UK

I saw a better view north of there once. Last year I was on my way back from the Keswick Mountain Challenge, and a few miles North of Tebay services I passed a broken down Minibus with the contents (cheerleaders) all lined up along the edge of the hard shoulder. If my mind and reflexes hadn't been addled from the ride I'd have had the sense to stop and help. Or at least stop and look since my mechanical skills are minimal :lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UfSOumv-QQ4
  • Wallace1492
    Wallace1492 Posts: 3,707
    Coatbridge ....... Bring tazer and baton rounds....
    But at 8am there will be few locals stirring, they will still be sleeping off the previous night's xs.

Buckfast is also known as Coatbridge Table Wine. Pick up a few bottles for Xmas!!
    "Encyclopaedia is a fetish for very small bicycles"
  • I've always been amazed that Buckfast is so popular up here, especially with who it's popular with. Not exactly cheap enough to be proper tramp juice is it?
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,661
    I've always been amazed that Buckfast is so popular up here, especially with who it's popular with. Not exactly cheap enough to be proper tramp juice is it?

Cheaper than vod-bulls.
  • mudcow007
    mudcow007 Posts: 3,861
    I've always been amazed that Buckfast is so popular up here, especially with who it's popular with. Not exactly cheap enough to be proper tramp juice is it?

its cheaper up there than down here, its £7 a bottle, i bought a few t'other week for a party
    Keeping it classy since '83
  • First.Aspect
    First.Aspect Posts: 16,996
    Oh but greater Glasgow has so many armpits and the competition is so strong. It might only qualify as the yesterday's pants of Scotland.