Cyclist killed in Glasgow hit and run

alan_a
alan_a Posts: 1,581
edited December 2011 in Commuting general
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-g ... t-16152717
12 December 2011

Cyclist dies in hit-and-run crash
A cyclist has died after being hit by a car which did not stop in the southside of Glasgow.

The dark-coloured vehicle knocked the cyclist from their bicycle on Paisley Road West near the Portman Street junction in the Kinning Park area at about 17:45.

The westbound car continued driving west towards Paisley.

The cyclist was taken by ambulance to the Southern General Hospital in Glasgow where they died.

Strathclyde Police appealed for information about the incident.

Comments

• CiB
    CiB Posts: 6,098
    Alan A wrote:
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-glasgow-west-16152717
    12 December 2011

Cyclist dies in hit-and-run crash
    A cyclist has died after being hit by a car which did not stop in the southside of Glasgow.

The dark-coloured vehicle knocked the cyclist from their bicycle on Paisley Road West near the Portman Street junction in the Kinning Park area at about 17:45.

The westbound car continued driving west towards Paisley.

The cyclist was taken by ambulance to the Southern General Hospital in Glasgow where they died.

Strathclyde Police appealed for information about the incident.
    It's more of a stark reminder to us than anything else when anyone - cyclist or not is killed - but it really does belittle the event when the BBC does a copy & paste job of a news release from one of the emergency services, and it's written by a 9 year old apparently.

Yes I know we shouldn't be grammar nazis etc and a death is way more important than this; my point is that it belittles the event.
  • mcj78
    mcj78 Posts: 634
    Not good to see - there should hopefully be plenty of witnesses as it's a busy main road during rush hour, I mean - you'd think you would notice if the car in front ran someone over wouldn't you? :(
    Moda Issimo
    Genesis Volare 853
    Charge Filter Apex