HTC jersey Dilema

ddraver
ddraver Posts: 26,661
edited December 2011 in The bottom bracket
Evening all

My dad has recently become a MAMIL in the proper tradtional meanin gof the word. I ve bought him an htc jersey as, as the team is no more, surely it is no a classic and he faces no problems with w*nker club cyclists asking him how Cuddly Bob is. This was in favour of a Sky Jersey which I thought might be dropping him into some rather hot water for a newb.

Does the Panel agree with me on this? HTC is no more, therefore the jersey is ok to wear?

Much obliged

David Dimble...der... raver!
We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
- @ddraver

Comments

• What size Sky jersey are you after? I will won't be wearing mine any more!
  • cougie
    cougie Posts: 22,512
    He's a big boy. He can wear what he wants. Any top is acceptable to me. Apart from maybe that hideous Mapei top of a few years back.
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,241
    'W*nker club cyclists' will be 'w*nker club cyclists' regardless of what he's wearing, because they're w*nkers. By wearing a Sky jersey it will make it easy to identify whether they fall into this group, which would necessitate finding a different club.
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • buy the HTC world champ jersey - its a moment in time- he can wear whatever he likes that makes him feel good
  • upperoilcan
    upperoilcan Posts: 1,180
    Can someone please put me out of my misery......

WTF is a MAMIL ??????
    Cervelo S5 Ultegra Di2.
  • Scrumple
    Scrumple Posts: 2,665
    google it FFS

middle aged man in lycra
  • Gizmodo
    Gizmodo Posts: 1,928
    Scrumple wrote:
    google it FFS

middle aged man in lycra
    Now he's just going to ask what "FFS" means :!:
  • upperoilcan
    upperoilcan Posts: 1,180
    Scrumple wrote:
    google it FFS

middle aged man in lycra

Lmao,Thanks......Please dont tell me that comes up on a Google search....
    Cervelo S5 Ultegra Di2.
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,661
    WTF? MTFU!!! (lol)

I ll be honest and admit most of the reason he's not getting a sky jersey is that most places that had them cheap had sold out in Size 7 (we re not your classic cyslist shape, more your classic rugby forward shape!!)
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • andy46
    andy46 Posts: 1,666
    I have short sleeved SKY and HTC jerseys from this season (both gifts) and I'll be wearing them when the sun returns in the summer. Wear what you want, if you like it then why not?
    2019 Ribble CGR SL

2015 Specialized Roubaix Sport sl4

2014 Specialized Allez Sport
  • dabber
    dabber Posts: 1,974
    I'm planning on still wearing my Uvex HTC helmet.
    “You may think that; I couldn’t possibly comment!”

Wilier Cento Uno SR/Wilier Mortirolo/Specialized Roubaix Comp/Kona Hei Hei/Calibre Bossnut