Dirty Dan Tyres & Punctures

welsh trebor
welsh trebor Posts: 55
edited December 2011 in MTB general
Anyone else having a problem with Dirty Dan tyres puncturing? I have beem running these for about 2 months and have 3 punctures so far. On inspection the tubes seem to split around the sidewall. Should I run higher pressure tha normal (35 psi)? The puctures have been front and rear, which is unusual. I was running Nobby Nics, a slightly bigger tyre (2.2 v 2.0) at the same pressure with no punctures in about 6 months. Any help or confirmation of problem appreciated.
Don't worry about rain - skin is waterproof

Comments

• Sounds like pinch flats, is it happening on both sides of the tube, personally I'd try upping the pressure by say 5psi and see how you get on and if your a bigger rider you need to take that in to account with pressures but the Dirty Dans seem to get rated well on this forum.
    Zesty 514 Scott Scale 20 GT Expert HalfwayupMTB
  • robertpb
    robertpb Posts: 1,866
    Punctures are mainly the luck of the draw. I've gone for 6 months without a puncture then had six in one day.

My Nobby Nics I usually run in the mid 20's psi, Schwalbe recommend 28 psi for a 75kg rider, for the Dirty Dans it's 30 psi.

As for pinch flats that's more the fault of the rider than the tyre.
    Now where's that "Get Out of Crash Free Card"
  • njee20
    njee20 Posts: 9,613
    Dans have a thinner carcass than the Nics, so it stands to reason you're more likely to pinch flat at lower pressures. I've not had a problem myself, but I run them tubeless.