Strictly...

clarkey cat
clarkey cat Posts: 3,641
edited December 2011 in Commuting chat
WELL.

Who's your money on then?

I've got to say Chelsee is incredible. Harry is clearly extremely good but Chelsee just seems to add something else to the dancing.

Felt bad for Holly. Felt she should have gone through. Jason was lucky.

For the first Saturday in ages I'm going to be out so I'll miss the final but its been a corker!

Comments

• rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,661
    Chelsee is my favourite, but Harry's the best dancer overall.

It's close enough, and the finals are unpredictable enough that it should be a good contest.

Hate showdances that are actually showdances though - as opposed to a free-for-all for latin and ballroom. Throwing women around the floor like a bag of cement isn't what strictly come dancing is really about.
  • SimonAH
    SimonAH Posts: 3,730
    Good grief, are you two coming out of the closet or what? :shock: :D
    FCN 5 belt driven fixie for city bits
    CAADX 105 beastie for bumpy bits
    Litespeed L3 for Strava bits

Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast.
  • clarkey cat
    You talking about the performance last night?

It was pretty cool though. The guy, yea, his body, yea... that's a bit like mine.
  • the_fuggler
    the_fuggler Posts: 1,228
    No love for Chelsee here I'm afraid - something about her really annoys me (I'm sure she'd say the same in return!). Wanted Holly through, particularly after that dance last week. Think Jason saved himself with that 40 in his final dance. Was very good though. My money is on Harry though...
    FCN 3 / 4
  • rick_chasey
    Yeah.

It's awful.
  • clarkey cat
    Holly looks like a blindside flanker.
  • bails87
    bails87 Posts: 12,998
    WTF? :shock:
    MTB/CX

"As I said last time, it won't happen again."
  • I'll be requiring your man cards, gentlemen.

I find Chelsee irritating but she's very good. I'd prefer Harry to win I think. Mind you, I strongly suspect it's one stage school kid against another really so perhaps we should be rooting for Jason, who I'm sure has never been near a stage school in his life...
  • rjsterry
    rjsterry Posts: 29,372
    WELL.

Who's your money on then?

I've got to say Chelsee is incredible. Harry is clearly extremely good but Chelsee just seems to add something else to the dancing.

Felt bad for Holly. Felt she should have gone through. Jason was lucky.

For the first Saturday in ages I'm going to be out so I'll miss the final but its been a corker!

Holly knew she hadn't really nailed that last dance. The right three went through. Jason had a wobble mid-series, but managed to pull it back. Can't stand the stuff in the early stages with the token old person and token large person and token person who can't dance for toffee, and Tess and Brucie really grate, but once it gets serious, you can't fail to be impressed by the dancing.
    1985 Mercian King of Mercia - work in progress (Hah! Who am I kidding?)
    Pinnacle Monzonite

Part of the anti-growth coalition
  • asprilla
    asprilla Posts: 8,440

Whilst not as svelte as she was when she was in the charts, on a scale of two I'd give her one.
    Mud - Genesis Vapour CCX
    Race - Fuji Norcom Straight
    Sun - Cervelo R3
    Winter / Commute - Dolan ADX
  • clarkey cat
    by Asprilla » Mon Dec 12, 2011 3:45 pm

clarkey cat wrote:

Whilst not as svelte as she was when she was in the charts, on a scale of two I'd give her one.

Don't get me wrong. She is a beauty. I could just imagine her taking some top crash ball, 'tis all.
  • cjcp
    cjcp Posts: 13,345
    Gentlemen! Would you get a hold of yourselvesm please?!

The good thing about "Strictly" is that it represents a block of time when the the women in my house are concerned about nothing else, which means I can sometimes go for a ride whilst it's on. Last night, I was ironing instead. Even ironing is better than "Strictly".
    FCN 2-4.

"What happens when the hammer goes down, kids?"
    "It stays down, Daddy."
    "Exactly."
  • clarkey cat
    cjcp - I do the ironing when I'm watching it too... if only to hide my embarressing tumescence!

artem_chigvintsev.gif
  • DonDaddyD
    DonDaddyD Posts: 12,689
    Chelsee isn't a real name. It's not even trying to create a real name. Why would you wanna name your kid Chelsea anyway. If you have a boy would you call them Fulham (but spelt Fulhem so it can passed off as a real name)?
    Food Chain number = 4

A true scalp is not only overtaking someone but leaving them stopped at a set of lights. As you, who have clearly beaten the lights, pummels nothing but the open air ahead. ~ 'DondaddyD'. Player of the Unspoken Game
  • EKE_38BPM
    EKE_38BPM Posts: 5,821
    Typical ghetto name. Imagine what someone named Chelsea has for parents!cgrad6797.jpg
    FCN 3: Raleigh Record Ace fixie-to be resurrected sometime in the future
    FCN 4: Planet X Schmaffenschmack 2- workhorse
    FCN 9: B Twin Vitamin - winter commuter/loan bike for trainees

I'm hungry. I'm always hungry!
  • asprilla
    asprilla Posts: 8,440
    I work with a Tottenham fan whose daughter is called Chelsea. He refuses to talk about it.

Anyway, back to The Dancing (for that's what it's known as in my house, the programme that comes before The Singing). I usually sit next to the Mrs whilst she watches it whilst surfing the web on the laptop. Occasionally I look up and offer helpful comments like:

'Good lord, you don't get many of those to the pound'
    'Nice pins'
    'There's a symmetry in their steps as her kicks are generally restrained. It's been a feature of all her dances this series and Craig has rightly brought her up on it at every occasion, but she just won't relax and show what a good dancer she really is'
    Mud - Genesis Vapour CCX
    Race - Fuji Norcom Straight
    Sun - Cervelo R3
    Winter / Commute - Dolan ADX
  • DonDaddyD
    EKE_38BPM wrote:
    Typical ghetto name. Imagine what someone named Chelsea has for parents!cgrad6797.jpg
    Whoa!

"Dad are you sure this isn't sexual?"

"Sure Monica does it all the time!"
    Food Chain number = 4

A true scalp is not only overtaking someone but leaving them stopped at a set of lights. As you, who have clearly beaten the lights, pummels nothing but the open air ahead. ~ 'DondaddyD'. Player of the Unspoken Game
  • Wrath Rob
    Wrath Rob Posts: 2,918
    but Chelsee just seems to add something else to the dancing.
    Those would be her breasts. Christine is the best pro dancer as she has the most fantastic figure including a good pair of norks.

wenn_t_strictly-come-dancing-launch-2011-080911e.jpg

Ultimately, its all about the tits.
    FCN3: Titanium Qoroz.
  • clarkey cat
    Ola has spaniels.
  • the_fuggler
    the_fuggler Posts: 1,228
    rjsterry wrote:

Holly knew she hadn't really nailed that last dance. The right three went through. Jason had a wobble mid-series, but managed to pull it back. Can't stand the stuff in the early stages with the token old person and token large person and token person who can't dance for toffee, and Tess and Brucie really grate, but once it gets serious, you can't fail to be impressed by the dancing.

Absolutely - it was car crash telly. You could see Holly had made an absolute horlicks of it and she knew the game was up. Shame though.

Just how bad is Tess though? It's embarrassing when you see her interviewing or presenting next to Claudia. Or Brucie for that matter, which shows how bad she is...
    FCN 3 / 4
  • I started looking at this site for MTB stuff
    but you guys on commuting chat are brilliant, I have to visit every day.
    Love the SCR, wish I could cycle to work !

62 OG
  • Ola has spaniels.

I'm afraid I can't agree.
  • NGale
    NGale Posts: 1,866
    When did you guys start checking your balls in at the door? :wink:

I am slightly worried that us girls around here are more masculine that you guys :lol:
    Officers don't run, it's undignified and panics the men
  • DonDaddyD
    Why does Cmdr Jake not post anymore. Is he unable to walk to a computer, what with his hip being ground into a fine dust and all.....?
    Food Chain number = 4

• dhope
    dhope Posts: 6,699
    I started looking at this site for MTB stuff
    but you guys on commuting chat are brilliant, I have to visit every day.
    Love the SCR, wish I could cycle to work !

62 OG

:D Welcome
    Rose Xeon CW Disc
    CAAD12 Disc
    Condor Tempo
  • NGale
    NGale Posts: 1,866
    DonDaddyD wrote:
    Why does Cmdr Jake not post anymore. Is he unable to walk to a computer, what with his hip being ground into a fine dust and all.....?

:lol:

Na not quite, he's working for a living, just come back after a few weeks away on sea trials, now back in the office working on something or other
    Officers don't run, it's undignified and panics the men
  • rick_chasey
    NGale wrote:
    When did you guys start checking your balls in at the door? :wink:

I am slightly worried that us girls around here are more masculine that you guys :lol:

Pfft, you wouldn't be making jibes about my balls if you saw my pasodoble.