Castelli bib tight sizing vs Assos?

bigpikle
bigpikle Posts: 1,690
edited February 2018 in Road buying advice
Looking at some Castelli bib tights and knickers but not sure about sizing? People say they come up smaller, and the jackets certainly do, as Ive got one, but what about bibs? Sadly none of my LBS stock them :(

I am comfortable all day in L in Assos bib shorts, and do have some Assos bib tights in M, which are just about OK on a good day ;) At 6' 0", 168lbs and about 32-33" waist, what would people think in Castelli? I'm thinking L or maybe XL might be a safer bet?

Thanks
Your Past is Not Your Potential...

Comments

• derosa
    derosa Posts: 2,819
    I take XL in both Assos and Castelli shorts. No difference in size here.

Big H

May the road rise up to meet you.
    May the wind always be at your back.
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 17,125
    for castelli, what i've found for me...

go +1 size for gloves and overshoes if you are in the upper half of a size range

non-aero jerseys, size guide is ok, for aero ones go +1 size

bib shorts, size guide is ok

bib tights, go +1 size

jackets, size guide is ok for me

fwiw i take xl in both assos and castelli bib tights, if that's any guide you'll probably be ok in castelli l
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • I take the same size Bib shorts in Castelli and Assos, dont know about the tights
  • DaleB
    DaleB Posts: 19
    IMO it depends on the material. Im' 198cm tall have a 84cm waist and weigh 80kg. In ASSOS i have large T607 bibtights and X-large Winter ll(Windproof not as stretchy).

Castelli is a similar story but sizes are all over the place. I have a pair of XXXL Pave Thermalwhich are the nanoflex fabric, a pair of XXL Fluido Nanoflex(Windproof fabric and Nanoflex thermal fabric) and a pair of XXL Sorpasso.
    The latter imo are the stretchiest of them all.
    When both different sizes are held up together they are all the same length and the inside leg measurement is roughly the same.

I take a large in ASSOS bibshorts and an X-large in Castelli.
    The only thing i can go with on the size charts for Castelli are the socks!

I wouldgo XL or XXL depending on the material.
  • bigpikle
    thanks all...no idea now!
  • DaleB
    DaleB Posts: 19
    Order two pairs in whichever model and send one back.
    For the sake of a fiver for posting one pair back you'll know for future reference.

Thats what i did.
  • bigpikle
    I would but most places seem to have that really crappy different pricing on different sizes :(
  • Monty Dog
    Monty Dog Posts: 20,614
    ^ You getting pi$$ed-off by ProBikeKit's variable pricing too?
    Make mine an Italian, with Campagnolo on the side..
  • on-yer-bike
    on-yer-bike Posts: 2,974
    M in Assos bibs, L in Castelli. M in all jerseys I have except Castelli which is L.
    Pegoretti
    Colnago
    Cervelo
    Campagnolo
  • bigpikle
    Monty Dog wrote:
    ^ You getting pi$$ed-off by ProBikeKit's variable pricing too?

yep....it really pi$$es me off when they do that, just like Planet X. PX are the worst offenders though, as at least PBK appear to have stock of the cheaper product while PX just slash the price of something that cant actually be bought :evil: :evil:

Going to try for some L's in bibshorts and bibtights and see how I get on...

Thanks all.
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 17,125
    try sigma sport, they had some decent discounts recently, plus if you spend over 100 quid you can use code xmas15 to get 15 quid off
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • bigpikle
    sungod wrote:
    try sigma sport, they had some decent discounts recently, plus if you spend over 100 quid you can use code xmas15 to get 15 quid off

I did :D
  • All my bibs are Castelli & i take a large. Generally need to go one size up. I am (usually) a size 34 waist & find a large is pretty much perfect. The fit is amazing & the comfort quality is excellent. Cannot recommend highly enough. I have a pair of Aero Free bibs & couple of Velocisimo. Try Wiggle, they have em reduced at the mo! You might get away with a medium but it's always difficult getting size correct.
  • bigpikle
    Sorpasso bibs arrived and I got an XL, which fit very snug. So XL = Assos M/L in bibs.
    Also ordered some Bodypaint shorts in L but they havent arrived, so will update on size reference when they come...

This X2 pad looks superb, so will give it a couple of hours road test today. Was hoping to take the shorts to Gran Canaria on Monday but looks like the Xmas post has done for that idea despite a week lead time :(

Edit:

Well that was an unmitigated disaster....black ice everywhere and I only made it 100m before coming off and nearly shredding the new bibs :shock: :shock: :shock: Sod that for a game of soldiers, its turbo time :twisted:
  • Hello.

I have Castelli Endurance size L.
    But it's too little for me. The straps are short, so they stretch and squeeze my gentleman's junk.
    My height is 183cm, weight 68kg. I'm tall and thin.
    Questions:
    1. What size will suit me from Assos (model Equipe s7)?
    2. The straps of Assos will be longer in size M than in Castelli size L?