Giant Trance X4 Own Brand Shock- NO PRESSURE!!!!

a.luhrs
a.luhrs Posts: 19
edited December 2011 in MTB workshop & tech
After 8 months of absolute battering my Giant Trance's own brand shock just can hold pressure!!! :(

Went for a nice and light XC ride today and twice i had to pump the shock up to my relatively low 135psi pressure and the first time dropped to 50psi and the second time 90psi. Have the seals gone???

I love the shock it is equally as good as my dads rp23 so i am not keen on upgrading so I was hoping to rebuild and replace the seals as it is the only real reason i can think of the dramatic pressure loss.

Any help or your experiences would be great plus an links for rebuilding it I believe its a NRS shock.

Cheers

Comments

• chez_m356
    chez_m356 Posts: 1,893
    a.luhrs wrote:
    After 8 months
    Did you buy the bike new? could be worth trying the warranty
    Specialized Hardrock Sport Disc 10- CANYON Nerve AM 6 2011
  • Yep, bought band new so I will call the dealer on Monday and see what they say I am pretty sure forks and shock were 1 year and frame was 10 so we will see.
  • nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    could be just in need of a service. how many hours use?
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • done 1500 miles in 8months around Cumbria and the Lakes so not flat stuff!!!

I thought service two putting new forks on and wheel set on in a few weeks so I might make it last until then and service the seals.