£1000 Burnt A Hole

seataltea
seataltea Posts: 594
edited December 2011 in Road beginners
After Cube cancelled my order for a CX I was to use for commuting I had a rethink. Winterise the Aether, give the MuddyFox away and go get a proper road bike for summer.

Halfords Cycle2Work Scheme meant that all in my costs would be £590 for a £1000 voucher and so I ordered this.

http://www.cube.eu/en/road/performance/peloton-race/ £999 :D

I couldn't find a more recent and better spec'd bike for the money (105 and a little Ultegra), if Cube are good to their word I collect it in Feb.

The LBS wanted to sell me a Merida but having sat on a near identical Cube the Meridas geometry felt very wrong and the Cube was like a pair of old leather gloves but with a razor blade hidden in the palm.

I may even let the MTB go, the ever incresasing speed of my road riding is addictive.

I seem to have arrived at the Dark Side.
'nulla tenaci invia est via'
FCN4
Boardman HT Pro fully X0'd
CUBE Peleton 2012
Genesis Aether 20 all season commuter

Comments

• v.nice :-)
  • Bobbinogs
    Bobbinogs Posts: 4,841
    Lovely, lovely...and you can't go wrong with 105.
  • Tasty 8)
  • giarc
    giarc Posts: 54
    That's a seriously good looking bike! Nice one.
  • morstar
    morstar Posts: 6,190
    Well done on committing to a shiny new roadie. However, I would say, don't get rid of the mtb unless you really need the space or money.You have presumably had fun on it in the past and there is every possibility you will again in the future.
    Mine only comes out occasionally but I love the fact that it is there on the wall when I do fancy a muddy blast.