Downhill worldcup fortwilliam 2012

divingmoose
divingmoose Posts: 540
edited December 2011 in MTB general
Hi,

Has anyone been to the event before and just looking at early bird tickets for the sat & sun for the event £44 including gondola trips etc. Is it worth the visit and expense?

Comments

• went last year and it was great, best trip i had been on for a long time totally worth the travel and expense
  • Cheers mate, did you do the full weekend and where did you stay?
  • We go most years, would really recommend it, fantastic atmosphere! There re loads of B&B's or hotels in the area or camp sites. Basically the choice is yours!

Would recommend it to anybody, great weekend!
    Custom spec Scott Scale
    Custom spec Salsa Fargo
    Custom spec Scott CR1
    Scott Speedster S1
  • yeah went for the 2 days and camped at a camp site even my 70 year old grandparents wanted to go and they thought the biking was great and want me take them back again next year
  • Northwind
    Northwind Posts: 14,675
    Almost went last year- decided to go up to Golspie and ride my bike instead, then visited the Fort on the way home and had a wee shot myself :mrgreen: Might actually make it to the race next year.
    Uncompromising extremist
  • bluechair84
    bluechair84 Posts: 4,352
    Hell yeah it;s worth it! Get the Gondola up and then walk the circuit back down taking snaps of the riders over different parts of the circuit. Try to plan on being back for the final 20 riders, get the best remaining spot and join in the tidal wave of cheering as Steve Peat comes down to finish the race with Pole Position. POLE POSITION!

We camped in my bus.