The (Alternative) Bike Radar Awards

walkingbootweather
walkingbootweather Posts: 2,443
edited December 2011 in Commuting chat
Since we are now in award season, how about some nominations for special Bike Radar awards? So folks, what has been the best thread and post of the year? Who has made you laugh or your blood boil? What has been the best advice and most helpful poster? Only rule is there are no rules....

Get nominating.
Nobody told me we had a communication problem

Comments

• EKE_38BPM
    EKE_38BPM Posts: 5,821
    I know its easy to nominate something fresh in the memory, but I really like this:
    You know those days when you feel great and can easily spin up to a 25mph cruising speed and hold it without breaking sweat? You know, good days, when all the pieces have fallen into place, man and machine are in perfect harmony, your body feels lithe and supple and capable of anything? Days which confirm your belief in your own gargantuan talent?

Tailwinds.

Very accurate and very well worded.
    FCN 3: Raleigh Record Ace fixie-to be resurrected sometime in the future
    FCN 4: Planet X Schmaffenschmack 2- workhorse
    FCN 9: B Twin Vitamin - winter commuter/loan bike for trainees

I'm hungry. I'm always hungry!
  • most helpful poster

Hmm. Porgy or mybreakfastconsisted?

Eenie, meenie, minie, mo...
    Swim. Bike. Run. Yeah. That's what I used to do.

Bike 1
    Bike 2-A
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,773
    Best thread; was 'The Receptionist' this year? We still need updates on that.
    Most helpful; KB for quoting the initial post in that thread so it wouldn't be lost.
  • mrc1
    mrc1 Posts: 852
    Can I nominate myself for "Bravest career move during a recession"?
    http://www.ledomestiquetours.co.uk

Le Domestique Tours - Bespoke cycling experiences with unrivalled supported riding, knowledge and expertise.

Ciocc Extro - FCN 1
  • rjsterry
    rjsterry Posts: 29,372
    Quickest kneejerk comparison with Soviet Russia in a political thread? Oh so many to choose from :twisted: (fast becoming an alternative Godwin's Law that one)
    1985 Mercian King of Mercia - work in progress (Hah! Who am I kidding?)
    Pinnacle Monzonite

Part of the anti-growth coalition
  • A few suggestions for members of the year:

Pangolin, who very kindly went back into the free-for-all that was the Rapha sample sale to pick up kit on order for those of us who couldn't make it there themselves. He didn't ask for payment in advance and unlike several others declined the opportunity to make huge mark-ups and only took cost price for the items. Great guy.

Raymondo60 for the fantastic free loan of a bike box for a fortnight for our Dolomites trip

Mr and Mrs Ron-Griepel, not for their continuous flirting on the Strava thread, rather for putting up the Strava SCR leaderboards each week.
    "Mummy Mummy, when will I grow up?"
    "Don't be silly son, you're a bloke, you'll never grow up"
  • jzed
    jzed Posts: 2,926
    HAMBONERS!!!!
  • clarkey cat
    clarkey cat Posts: 3,641
    big shout out to everyone I've drafted on here.

life-savers. The lot of ya.