Drink driving...

veronese68
veronese68 Posts: 27,773
edited December 2011 in Commuting chat
I would like to share an experience with you all, about drinking and driving.

As you well know, some of us (not me) have been known to have had brushes with the authorities on our way home from the odd social session over the years.

A couple of nights ago, I was out for a few drinks with some friends and had a few too many beers and some rather nice claret.

Knowing full well I may have been slightly over the limit, I did something I've never done before - I took a bus home.

I arrived home safely and without incident, which was a real surprise, as I have never driven a bus before and am not sure where I got it from!

Sorry, but it made me chuckle

Comments

• lol
  • and then I woke up and the pillow was missing!
    Chunky Cyclists need your love too! :-)
    2009 Specialized Tricross Sport
    2011 Trek Madone 4.5
    2012 Felt F65X
    Proud CX Pervert and quiet roadie. 12 mile commuter
  • clarkey cat
    clarkey cat Posts: 3,641
    Very funny. I broke into a bus depot once and tried to steal a bus to get home after a (very) drunken night out.

I couldn't find the 74 though so ended up getting a cab after all.
  • clarkey cat
    clarkey cat Posts: 3,641
    Looking back on it in the cold light of day - I don't know what made me think I had to get the exact bus that would usually go past my house...

I could have got the 75 and walked from the Esso garage.
  • Paulie W
    Paulie W Posts: 1,492
    A few years ago when I lived out in the sticks a local "character" stole a bus and took it on its route, stopping and picking up customers. The local paper genuinely reported on this saying something like "suspicion was only aroused by the cheerful demeanour of the driver and the fact that the bus was on time'.