Oink, The Emperors (Blue) Pig

2»

Comments

• Kaise
    Kaise Posts: 2,498
    After 4 weeks of riding with the thomson elite lay back post and not really enjoying it i changed back to the straight post the bike came with.

Instantly made a difference, should never have changed it in the first place.

oh well at least i know now
  • Loving new decals great touch to a great looking bike
    live, ride, survive

2012 Nightrod Special Race tuned
    Cotic Bfe
    SYLO
  • Beardface
    Beardface Posts: 5,495
    jay12 wrote:
    i would reccomend getting a hope head doctor instead of a star nut. it's a bit more money but in my opinion, much better.

Kaise, I think I have a spare one in my toolbox, can have a look if you want? I'll just send it over, no worries about cost.

PM me if you want it buddy.

Lovely bike btw, love the custom attention to detail.. smooth!
  • Kaise
    So they say bad luck comes in threes;
    1)First Off bending the rear hanger and the start nut comes loose
    2)Front brake fails completely - New set of SLX fitted
    3)Chain snapped in a major way on sa roundabout with me hitting the floor and messing my knee up

so that should be it now, the bike should be fine!

but in fixing the chain issue i though i better check the rear hanger is actually straight and it turns out that it was a little bit out and i had actually bent the rear mech in bad luck part 1 of 3.

I have a spare derailleur, a SRAM XO 9-speed, the problem with this, the bike is a 10 speed.
    Though i would fit it and give it a go, it works on 2nd through to 10th on the cassette no problem but it will not reach 1 no matter how much adjustment i give it.

Its temporary, it means i can get out on the bike and carry on riding, but it does mean i need to find myself a new SRAM 10 speed rear mech!

6690783481_566241b488.jpg
    X0 rear mech by A*kaiser, on Flickr
    Stav wrote:
    PM me if you want it buddy.

PM sent!! cheers fella
    stav wrote:
    Lovely bike btw, love the custom attention to detail.. smooth!

ta muchly
  • Must admit i have Shimano SLX brakes and i have had no problems with them. Do get a bit noisy in the wet but their fantastic.
  • Kaise
    Must admit i have Shimano SLX brakes and i have had no problems with them. Do get a bit noisy in the wet but their fantastic.

Yeah these are brillo pads, the Hayes Stroker Ryde brakes i had before were binary to say the least, all on or not at all!

The heat sink on the pads is a bit annoying when riding in wet mussy conditions as i am convinced that the attract sh*te i to the friction area!
  • Yeah i seem to get 6 months out of pads on them. Sometimes less. And i don't use my brakes loads.
  • Kaise
    Bit of fettling this weekend and the bike has received a 203mm rotor up front and a 180mm at the rear,
    6904300749_0919e951a1.jpg
    Untitled by A*kaiser, on Flickr

worked a treat whilst defending at afan

all the teething problems seem to have settled!

a truly brilliant bike, its brought my confidence on leaps and bounds since the past few months, i can throw it down things i never thought i would go down on a hard tail!
  • loving the green its epic!
    worst moment ever...
    buzzing down twisting single track then.... psssst BANG!!!
  • sanchez89
    sanchez89 Posts: 567
    RIP. Hope they have good trails where you are now!
    2011 KHS Full Susser Carbon 29er Race Build
    Clank wrote:
    M'eh, I might just go back to zapping it with frikken lay-zur beeeems. And sharks.
  • hucking_fell
    hucking_fell Posts: 1,056
    sanchez89 wrote:
    RIP. Hope they have good trails where you are now!
    ...and bikes as nice as the ones you had here.
    More freerange chicken than Freeride God
    Bighit , 5 , BFe