Worst ride home... ever

shedhead
shedhead Posts: 367
edited December 2011 in The bottom bracket
Worst commute ever last night !

Ok, so i leave work at 4.30pm after being there since 6.00am. Twelve miles home, not a bad route, mainly flat, traffic not bad, very dark country lanes for about 4 miles.

Right:-
2 miles in chain snaps, not a problem, link extractor out, sorted.
4 miles in, front mech snaps ! dura ace as well, mmmmm. ok we're on the rear block for the rest of the trip, not a problem. However, whilst bike & i are on the pavment, some bright lads in a subaru decide to slow down & throw two full tins of ale at me ! inbreeds !
5 miles in, we're off-road for this bit, dog runs away from it's owner, jumps up at me on my bike trying to bite me. This is where i'm getting a bit peeed off now, get off & the owner's srtaight up in my face, "what's up with you" ? After i "politely" tell him to take himself & his surrogate kid away from me otherwise it's a trip to the vets / drs, i remount for the remaining trip.
Get home wet & "rather fed up" shall we say, the Mrs goes " you're a bit late back !"
mmm

Any more horror stories?
'Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts'.

Comments

• t4tomo
    t4tomo Posts: 2,643
    stop moaning, at least you got a couple of beers on route home! :D
    Bianchi Infinito CV
    Bianchi Via Nirone 7 Ultegra
    Brompton S Type
    Carrera Vengeance Ultimate Ltd
    Gary Fisher Aquila '98
    Front half of a Viking Saratoga Tandem
  • shedhead wrote:
    Any more horror stories?

Just the weight of my pack after reading your horror story... now need to add a link extractor to my pack :-) Going to be carrying most of the garage on my back by the end of next year!

Least you made it :wink:
  • pliptrot
    pliptrot Posts: 582
    Well, you made it in one piece. And free beer! Question: how does a front mech snap?
  • rule 5
    A person who aims at nothing is sure to hit it

Canyon Aeroad 7.0 summer missile
    Trek 2.1 winter hack