OT - 35mm film processing?

mudcow007
mudcow007 Posts: 3,861
edited December 2011 in Commuting chat
right ok i know this is a long shot i have a 35mm film roll from a camera, the film roll is full an full rewound back into the canister an has probably been like that for about 10 years or so (i found it when i was doing a sort of my clutter) is it worth it trying to get it developed or will the pictures if there are any be ruined?

fanks all!
Keeping it classy since '83

Comments

• rjsterry
    rjsterry Posts: 29,372
    Assuming you can get it processed for less than a tenner, I'd go for it. I doubt they'll be untouched, but if it's something of sentimental value, even a faded picture might be worth it. Do you have any idea what is on it
    1985 Mercian King of Mercia - work in progress (Hah! Who am I kidding?)
    Pinnacle Monzonite

Part of the anti-growth coalition
  • Depends how good the film you used was, if it was a good quality film you've got no chance, cheap stuff may well be OK.
  • mudcow007
    i havent the slightest what is on there..? quite sad but its quite exciting to see whats on it

its - Max Spielmann "Superior MX 200" - C41

i dunno if Boots still do processing? i will give it a whirl
  • mudcow007
    £6.99 at Max Spielmann for within an hour!

bobby dazzler i'm dying to see if there is anything on it

i will let you know tomorrow

they also said that if it doesn't develop you get a refund, which is damn decent
  • mudcow007 wrote:
    i havent the slightest what is on there..? quite sad but its quite exciting to see whats on it

If the police are waiting there when you go to collect it, walk straight past and keep looking ahead.....
  • SimonAH
    SimonAH Posts: 3,730
    Yup, the polaroid was invented only for mucky pictures! I have been caught out with 35mm film before - "I'm afraid sir that we were unable to develop some of the photographs as they were not appropriate for our staff" :oops: :oops:
    FCN 5 belt driven fixie for city bits
    CAADX 105 beastie for bumpy bits
    Litespeed L3 for Strava bits

Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast.
  • cougie
    cougie Posts: 22,512
    Bet they made copies though just to make sure.